Abit of a twist from the usual off the cuff posts- There’s a top 5 survey which has been floating around the blog world for yonks and being a late
bloomer blogger, I’m yet to jump on the wagon, so what better time than now!
LAST 5 PEOPLE I TALKED TO ON THE PHONE
- Family friend Frank (hows that for an alliteration!) for advice on my fence which had a makeover thanks to the wind
- Mum- To complain about the wind causing a power outage and my electricity off
- The Electricity company– To see if what power outage was occurring and how long it would go for
- Ingrid (friend)- To confirm a Japanese food date night tomorrow night (I should be a strictly Japanese restaurant reviewer, clearly)
- Mum- To see how her appointment went (I MAY be abit of a mummy’s boy..#noshame)
LAST 5 MEALS I ATE
- Amanda’s (grandmas) amazing beef rouladen- pictures for next weeks WIAW. Seriously, make it now and send virtual hugs to grandma spoons
- This protein muffin with some butter
- Tuna salad made with a can of tuna, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, curry, salt, pepper and garlic. Eaten with carrot sticks and crackers because I was lazy… 🙂
- A handful of salted cashews and almonds on the way to class
- Cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon, kashi go lean crunch!, salted almonds and a dash of almond milk
LAST 5 PLACES I’VE TRAVELLED
- Sydney (x 3…damn interviews)
- America (Summer 2012)
Central Park biking, 2012
- America (for Fall Semester 2011)
We made a ‘Fra-sority’- Alpha Beta Epsilon- Australia Brazil Europe.
NEXT 5 PLACES I WILL GO
- The library
- The supermarket
- Mum’s place
- The gym
- Japanese restaurant
LAST 5 WORKOUTS
- Legs and calves- by walking up 2 flights of stairs at university
- Chest press- by pushing the boot of my car when it didn’t close
- Shoulder shrugs- when my friend asked if I knew what arachnophobia was (I do now…*shudder*)
- Plyometrics- when I leapt out of bed this morning
- A full body circuit, as per James Wilson’s body earned program
FIVE THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY RIGHT NOW
- Breaking Amish LA– I know there’s been so much controversy about this ‘Reality’ show, but its strangely addictive and interesting to follow!
- One of my favourite baked goods in cereal form spotted at USA foods
Cinnamon and cereal = heaven
- The fact that I only have 10 more weeks until I am officially done with studying! I need to write this up on a poster board and stick it around my place to remind me…the end is near!
- (Very) slow signs of Winter ebbing away…key word here is slow.
- YOU! I started this blog after my sister (who has been an avid HLB reader for several years) forced suggested me to, and I honestly thought it would be my ‘fun of the week’ before it would, like many other hobbies in my life, fall by the wayside. However, blogging has become like a (healthy) obsession and the community out there is absolutely amazing! From readers to other bloggers, it has enhanced the entire experience and I cannot wait to keep working hard on it and building it up and connecting with more people!
- 1 package of silken tofu (I used this brand)
- 1 serving of oats (rolled, quick, bran- I used oat bran)
- 1 cup liquid of choice (water, milk, combination of both- I used milk)
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon/spices of choice
- Sweetener to taste
- Toppings of choice (I used almond butter with a dash of sea salt)
- On a stovetop, cook the serving of oats in liquid of choice and pinch of salt until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, either mash the tofu, or better yet, use a stick blender and immerse it until a cream like consistency. (Aim for the tofu to be void of any chunks)
- Mix the blended/mashed tofu into the oats and stir until completely combined. Add in sweetener if desired. Turn the heat back on and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes, or to desired texture.
- Top with nut butter/fruits/nuts/pickles
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld