Chocolate for breakfast is perfectly acceptable with this bowl of oatmeal which tastes like dessert! Chock full of protein (without protein powder!) gluten free and a vegan option- Start your mornings off in a sinfully nutritious way!
Hey Everyone and Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend is going well….mines been head deep in curves. BELL shaped curves. Ahh statistics.
Early in the week, I received a heartwarming message from Jessie telling me she’d love to ask me some questions and kind do a role reversal of the International Blogger Spotlight- I took her up on that offer so instead of spotlighting a blogger, the spotlight will be on God. Sorry, me.
- 1/2-1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup liquid of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1-2 T sweetener of choice
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites or 4 large egg whites (or even 1 egg + 3 whites!)*
- Toppings of choice (I used peanut butter and crushed peanuts)
- Cook the oats stovetop in liquid of choice (I use almond milk) and sea salt until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup egg whites (4 large) and continue stirring to avoid any clumps and to ensure its fully cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cocoa powder and sweetener of choice. Refrigerate (I often leave it in the saucepan).
- Remove from the fridge and transfer to a bowl. Top with sea salt and nut butter/toppings of choice. Dig in!
- * For a vegan option, use 1 scoop of vegan friendly protein powder of choice (I've used growing naturals chocolate protein powder)
- I sometimes eat it warm but often enjoy it cold as it is- try it if you haven't done it this way before!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld