Greetings from a 30 degree, sunny day here in Melbourne. Before we get too excited for the heat, TOMORROW is apparently going to be 40 degrees….all of you guys head to toe in snow- be grateful.
The eats on my end have been random but good at the same time- I’m currently on the biggest pancake kick, but I blame that to recipe experimentation….which resulted in my coconut flour running out! Not to worry though- The final use of it aided the perfected Anzac Biscuit Pancake recipe! Today though, I have a super simple Four Cheese Pasta Bake recipe to share with you all! I’ll be linking up with Jen for the mid week party!
Snack- A microwave English muffin topped with almond butter.
Snack- Maple and pumpkin seed granola bites– Recipe to come soon!
Dinner- Healthy Four Cheese and Bacon Pasta Bake!
- Pre cooked gluten free pasta noodles (10 oz, 285 grams dry weight)
- 1 cup bacon, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese combination (I used a mix of Swiss, Colby and Edam)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used 3 cheddar slices, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani 2% plain)
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T Italian mixed herbs
- 1 T Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pre cooked pasta noodles, chopped bacon, garlic powder, oregano, Italian mixed herbs and red pepper flakes. Add in the Greek yogurt until combined.
- Stir through the 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese combination (comprised of 3 out of the 4 cheeses) until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture in a large, sprayed baking dish. Add the 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to cover the top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese topping is melted (Approximately 15 minutes).
- You can use any combination of cheese, but ensure one kind is separated for the topping- I find Cheddar works best for its milder flavour compared to the other three.
- For a vegetarian option, omit the bacon.
And that rounds up another day of eats, with an influx of cheese. Actually, scrap that. Unless you have a dairy intolerance- there can NEVER be too much cheese.
What is your favourite kind of cheese?
What is your favourite recipe involving cheese?
Should I stop with the pancake obsession?
And a random question for all of you OC fans out there-
Does Gay dad trump Slutty mom?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld