“I wish my day to day life and eats were as interesting as yours and as happy as you are….”
This was part of an email I received from a reader and for the longest time, It had me perplexed.
I never thought my blog would be one to portray a perfect form of anything. I pride myself that this blog is 100% authentic under no specific umbrella. Saying that, I don’t want there to be the perception that I live in Wonderland where the flowers grow out of my pillows and my fruit bowl automatically refills itself.
My recent post on cleaning up my blog reader listed several ways in which I make up my decision to continue following certain blogs and not. A big one for me (and one I know many of you can agree with) are those blogs who constantly make it out as though their life epitomises perfection.
Their meals- Perfect.
Their family life- Perfect.
Their social life- thriving.
Their workouts- Successful.
Their finances- What finances?
Reality? I THINK NOT.
While I’m not a complete open blog book on here, I do share my struggles- past and present. I often mention bits of my personal life which aren’t all that flash and I often resort to eating the most bizarre meals simply to use up what I have. Although I don’t generally dedicate posts specifically to each of them (just yet), they are part of my everyday life. Everyday.
Here are the cliffs for the main sort of areas-
– Calling current family issues ‘shambles’ would perhaps be too kind of a term. The fact that I’m moving interstate at the worst possible time does not lend any favours.
– There will be an upcoming He Thinks/She thinks segment on this, but financially, I’ll be needing to make some changes and start being serious about my savings and my future. I pride myself on being self sufficient and non reliant on my mum, but moving to one of the World’s most expensive cities certainly throws a spanner in the works.
– Let’s just say I’m thankful that it’s What I Ate WEDNESDAY and not What I Ate EVERYDAY because frankly, you’d be seeing repeat meals, take away pizza and plates of pure randomness. Alright, so you probably already see that often enough on here, but more so.
Case in point- a sole tortilla with peanut butter, chicken nuggets, salted pistachios and some random dipping sauce.
– Progress is slow, and often at times, I find myself going in circles and feeling demotivated. Changing things up now and then have helped, but often I’m finding needing to question my goals in the weights room.
Body Image and confidence
-I’ve come a long way from my past where this played a pivotal part of my day to day life, but it’s something which still makes an appearance every now and then. Often the little voice in my head tries to make itself more and more vocal.
Social life and Friends
– As I’ve gotten older, my interaction with face to face friends have been on the steady decrease- but that’s a natural part of growing up- You have new responsibilities. Social outings tend to be less common and often, other priorities can take precedence.
This is reality.
Sometimes I go out on weekends and see my friends, hit a bar at night or share a meal at a restaurant. Other times, I only leave the house to get some groceries or run some errands.
More often than not, I feel like I’m part of a losing side with family dramas.
I could go weeks without making progress in the gym and I could eat greek yogurt with all my meals because I’m lazy and it’s all I have.
This is me removing the perfect life perception.
No questions. Just your thoughts on this issue.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld