Friends….I now appreciate weekends with gusto. Never have I appreciated a weekend more. The ability to work my own hours, balance university and day to day life is now a thing of the past- and the new ‘balance’ is starting to be formed!
I regress- It’s Sunday and nothing sounds more appealing than veggin’ out on the sofa with some coffee, blog reading before some errands which involves a visit to the best gelato in all of Australia..see below.
This week’s theme took a fun twist with a random survey style post- Top 5’s!
Starting with the Selfie- Thank the coffee for looking perky at 6.45am.
The last 5 people you spoke to on the phone
1. My friend ‘S’
2. The Real Estate Agent about organising a parking permit. Fail. Whale.
3. The Real Estate Agent to ask what documentation I needed for a parking permit.
4. The Real Estate Agent to organise the fortnightly payment scheme
5. My manager about internet issues!
The last 5 meals you ate
1. Lunch- Out with a friend to ‘Mad Mex‘. I needed to see if their avocado ratios were still pleasant. I must say I wasn’t disappointed.
2. Snacked on some pistachios
3. Breakfast- Cheese and roasted potatoes. I found the perfect combination- 1 kg bag of potatoes, 1 block of cheddar cheese = 3 meals.
4. Pre bed snack of a quest bar (recycled picture)
5. Dinner- Roasted potatoes, a beef burger and some vegetables. Pretty standard!
The last 5 places you travelled
1. To the supermarket to stock up on fresh produce
2. The doctor’s office for some results
3. The coffee shop for some much needed caffeine
4. The hotel room to faceplant in my pillow
5. My office….to work.
The next 5 places you will go
1. Out to dinner tonight to a Korean restaurant- Hello Kimchi and DIY Barbeque!
2. A morning walk around the harbour
3. Gelato Messina for a catch up and gelato date with a friend…Cannot wait. It is voted the Best Gelato in all of Australia! Word on the street is tomorrow’s flavours include Salted Caramel and White chocolate, Pear and Rhubarb and Italian Nougat. Ahh decisions!
4. The post office to send off a package!
5. The hotel lobby to organise Monday morning parking.
The last 5 workouts you did
5 things making you happy right now
1. My mum and sister hopefully coming to visit me in April…..HELLO SAFFRON CHICKEN and ironed shirts!
2. Getting things ready for the blog redesign- It’s in the process of being changed, Woo!
3. Embracing my half Persianess with some absolute trash TV. The perks of having Cable television in the hotel. Shah’s Of Sunset. Get on it.
4. Having some amazing blends out there who let me vent, text, skype and tweet away. You guys know who you are. You also now know my wake up time, typical work break times and my randomness. No shame. Jo– Don’t get a big head you’re not included in this. Especially after your latest offering.
5. Finally getting around to posting a recipe after a minor hiatus- Some stupid Maven is having a Valentine’s Day Bake Off. Click here for details of this amazing initiative and perfect excuse to make some sweet recipe this week and link up on Dav’s page on the 14th. Here’s a teaser of my offering- sweet and salty apricot and sunflower seed bites!
Be sure to check out the bloggers below who shared their top 5’s for this week and relax and embrace the weekend!
Stop by tomorrow for a cheeky giveaway!
What is the most unique Gelato/Ice cream flavour your had?
What is something making you happy right now?
What is the last thing you’ve eaten?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld