Customisable 3 ingredient paleo cookies which just require THREE ingredients! 1 bowl and 10 minutes is all you’ll need and the best part is how easy they are- Paleo, Gluten Free and a vegan option!
Customisable 3 ingredient paleo cookies!
Sometimes, simple is best.
Okay, not sometimes. Often.
I love being creative with recipes. Whether that being marrying cheeseburgers and pancakes together, adding cheese and garlic to Grain free Waffles or making it perfectly acceptable to eat cookie dough for breakfast.
After a serious (well, sort of) heart to heart with a wise blend, the reality hit home that while creativity is appreciated, so are the more classic recipes.
Aye Aye Captain.
The wonderful people at Mayver’s recently sent me their recent nut butter range (more on this to come!) and I knew I had to use it in a recipe immediately. Growing up, there was nothing more delicious or simple that the classic 3 ingredient cookie recipe infamous worldwide- 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 egg and 1 cup of sugar.
This recipe isn’t original. This recipe doesn’t use less common flours or sweeteners. This recipe isn’t high protein, low carb or sugar free. But damn, they are good for the mind, body and soul…however, they are ‘healthier’ than the standard form.
These cookies are completely customisable– Use any nut butter you wish and chuck up to a cup of add ins of your choice- I opted for gluten free salted pretzels and that, my friends, was a wise decision. Let’s not forget the sea salt. It is without a doubt, the key element of deliciousness.
For me personally, I love using cashew butter and coconut sugar so a bonus- These are completely paleo! I tried this out with a vegan version using a flax egg and that came out slightly more crumbly, but nevertheless, delicious!
3 Ingredient Paleo Cookies (customisable!)
- 2 cups of nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter)
- 2 cups of coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs*
- Sea salt
- 1 cup add ins of choice- (I used GF pretzels which made this particular version non paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. In a large mixing bowl, combine the nut butter, coconut sugar and eggs. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
- Slowly stir through add ins of choice (I used crushed up pretzels) and ensure it is fully combined.
- Place golf ball sized cookie dough on a lined baking tray. Press down on each cookie gently with a fork. Sprinkle sea salt over the cookies and place in the oven. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until just golden brown. Remove from the oven (cookies should still be soft) and allow to cool completely on the tray. Cookies will firm up.
- Even though the cookies may seem undercooked, they firm up quite well and maintain a chewy texture. I've tried this with classic peanut butter and also almond butter and both work extremely well.
- For a vegan version, use 2 flax eggs- Cookies may seem crumbly at first but firm up
What is your favourite kind of cookie?
Do you prefer creative recipes or classic, more simple ones?
Crunchy nut butter or smooth nut butter?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld