These small batch chocolate chunk cookies are the PERFECT single serve meal or grab and go snack! They are full of protein, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and there is a vegan option! Chocolate for breakfast = standard!
Are you sick of breakfast cookies yet?
Too bad, so sad.
A man needs variety and having different breakfast options has been a life saver. And let’s be honest… cookies.
Who loves quest bars? I love quest bars. Although I most definitely don’t fan girl over them like some people do, in my books, they get a thumbs up- They are nutritionally pretty decent, taste good and are easy to carry around.
Let’s marry quest bars and Instagram and what do you get- hashtag disasters. Seriously. The number of hashtags developed to these protein bars are ridiculous.
#questbar = okay.
#proteinbar = yes.
#snack = yes.
#betterthancake #betterthandessert #cheatmeal #foodporn #justlikecookies = …..what?
One hashtag which was (I think) developed from the infamous quest bar hashtag party has been #chunkporn. That, my friends, is warranted for 3 of their bars- double chocolate chunk, chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate and raspberry. I think that is why those three are my personal favourites- it’s like a texture sensation in the mouth. You bite into it and come across a …. Chunk.
I am ashamed to admit when I rip open one of the three mentioned flavoured Quest Bars and it is chock full of those glorious chunks- It’s like being told the Kardashians have been axed from E!. I am also ashamed to admit that the opposite happens when said flavours are void of them. It’s like being told they have started writing educational literature. (Don’t get any ideas, Kris).
So in honour of that infamous hashtag, today’s single serve breakfast cookie is full of chunks. Double chocolate chucks. Before you roll your eyes and think chocolate cookies for breakfast are a joke- take a look at the ingredients. Wholesome carbohydrates (oat flour), healthy fats (coconut oil and walnuts), an optional protein boost (protein powder) and the mix in of choice- chocolate chunks (90% lindt, to be exact).
Do me a favour (well, yourself) and make the chunks big.
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (can sub for gluten free or standard white)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 T coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1 T coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice*
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1-4 squares dairy free dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with a cookie sheet
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, chocolate protein powder (if using it) and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and one tablespoon at a time, add the milk until a very thick batter is formed. Stir through the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chunks.
- Form into cookie size of choice (I went for half a golfball size) and press onto the lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven) until cooked on top and mostly firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking tray.
- Depending on the add ins, you may need more/less milk- ensure the batter is think. If it's too thin, the cookies will be more chewy.
- For soft baked cookies, remove from oven when barely firm.
- If using a sweetened protein powder, omit the sugar.
Linking up with these amazing parties- #recipeoftheweek, RealfoodWednesdays, Share your stuff Tuesdays, simple supper Tuesdays and Gluten Free Wednesdays, and what’s cookin’ Wednesdays,#glutenfreefridays, foodiefridays, glutenfreetuesdays with some weekend pot luck loving
When was the last time you had something with chocolate in it?
What is the worst hashtag you’ve come across?
Are you sick of single serve recipes? Too bad, so sad.
Are you sick of cookie recipes (which are also single serve)? Too bad, so sad.
Sorry that was rude.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld