Hey guys! I thought today I’d do something a little light hearted here…out loud style!
With Christmas and New Years approaching very fast, I thought it would be fun to put together a Survey style post highlighting some of the best happenings in 2014! You guys are all welcome to participate as well- Simply grab the button below and and follow the post and as a once off, next Sunday (28/12/14) I’ll add a link up tool for you all to share your surveys if you’re keen!
(Please excuse the terrible button design. I’m pretty sure I passed Art in school because I charged the teacher with compliments).
TOP THREE FAVOURITE POSTS-
1. Digestive Issues- It’s time to blame the vegetables– You have digestive issues so you cut out all carbs, all grains or all sugar- Yet still eat three heads of broccoli a night.
2. ‘You like to bake? You must be a fag‘.- The beauty of anonymous comments- I like to bake and judge me all you want.
3. Restricted eating = Restricted tastebuds– Quite prevalent in the ‘Healthy living’ community and on social media of people claiming certain foods are ‘decedent’ or ‘treats’ when clearly- They are anything but. Greek yogurt and 2 chocolate chips does NOT equate to a chocolate fudge cheesecake. Maybe a chocolate fudge cheesecake in punishment form….
TOP THREE FAVOURITE BLOGGER POSTS-
1. Meg– ‘The Fitness Industry Makes me Sad’– I’ve got so much respect for this post and this is something we even discussed in person. It still baffles me how Meg was told she’d be healthy if she lost 10 pounds. Yep, lose those 10 pounds, Meg. and 10 notches of a ‘healthy’ body.
2. Davida– ‘I know the secret to skinny’– I loved this post so much. Why? Davs practices what she preaches. Even though I didn’t spend a tonne of time with her in Toronto, it was so refreshing to see her outlook on life, food, exercise and just all around balance. She says it right- She knows the secret to happy and it has nothing to do with being skinny.
3. Alison– ‘WIAW- Finally Balanced‘- This might seem like a random post to remember but hear me out. Alison and I have been great blog buddies for ages and I can honestly say I’ve seen an amazing transformation in her- From reading her blog in the early days to seeing where she is now- Respect. Inspiration. Motivation for others out there.
TOP THREE EVENTS OF 2014-
1. Definitely my quick trip to America and Canada this year- I met awesome people and many of my roadblocks I was facing were easier to tackle once I was back on home soil.
2. Malaysia- My first overseas blogger venture! I was so blessed to be given the chance to fly to Malaysia and experience a World Record for the Largest competitive maze challenge!
3. Moving to Sydney for work- This was a huge eye opener for me because it taught me so much about myself and what I want to do with myself.
TOP THREE MEALS OF 2014-
1. Gelato– So this technically doesn’t count as a meal but it clearly played a big part of my 2014…and also a big chunk of my wallet. Now that Summer is here, I’m jumping back on the bandwagon and praying the new flavours are even better.
2. Potatoes– Also doesn’t count as a meal but I need to give them a shout out because of the hate mail I received when I decided to include them in my wholeArman challenge and also because eating a kilo of them in a day is pretty normal.
3. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Brownies– I’ve made a second pan of these brownies already and eaten two of these with a side of yogurt or eggs for breakfast the last couple of weeks. I’m obsessed with using Greek yogurt in baked goods- Expect more to come in 2015!
TOP THREE BLOGGING TRENDS OF 2014-
1. Paleo. If there is one dietary lifestyle which has taken off this year, it is without a doubt the Paleo style of eating. I must admit, I’m a fan of paleo-fying recipes for the fun of it (and also they taste good) but don’t follow the style of eating because it doesn’t work for me. For those it does- Big props to you!
2. Blogging Politics– I never realised how the Healthy Living community could at times be like high school. Tit for tat commenting, linking up to every link up possible even with unrelated content, copycat blogging and competitive blogging– I feel like I’m back at school!
3. White potato racism– Okay, so this might have been going on for quite some time but I feel like the innocent white spud gets so much hate compared to it’s sweet counterpart. Potato racism is NOT cool. Lucky I have some epic blends who actually prefer the white potatoes to the sweet.
So as mentioned, you’re welcome to do this survey too and I’ll add on a once off link up next Sunday where you’ll be welcome to add your post if you did it. Cheers!
Do you think white potato racism exists?
Answer any of the above questions!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld