Monday. You presented yourself too soon this week.
Hope you guys have had a good weekend! Mine started on a rough note with my iPhone driving me nuts by not letting me charge it. Whenever I plugged it in, it claimed my phone and/or the charger was a fake! After trying everything and cursing at google, I went to the Apple store on Sunday and they sorted it out. I swear technology hates me.
In some blogging news, thank you to everyone who chimed in on the post about health and loneliness– I’ve got more ‘personal’ and serious posts to share with you and I love the discussion which stem from these. Also, did you guys catch my recipe I posted yesterday? A simple flatbread using THREE ingredients. Please note- Spices and salt don’t count!
Anyway, let’s jump into some random highlights and news from the past week!
1. The other night, the team at Nuffnang generously provided me two tickets to see the musical ‘Strictly Ballroom’. Wednesday night involved a quick Japanese dinner followed by this Australian made film in Musical form. I must admit, they showed this movie to us in primary school but my memory is like a chicken and I had no recollection of the plot. The musical, however, was amazing and the singing was amazing- I’d definitely recommend it to others!
2. Who here loves road trips? I love road trips. Here in Australia, I feel like it’s common place to spend weekends away and I myself hope to go on a few in the coming weeks. For this sort of travel, a good vehicle is needed and Land Rover have answered my prayers. I swear their Discovery Range was designed for like minded travellers like myself. Their flexible interior means maybe I could easily fit a fridge in there or even better, my freezer. At the moment I have Nutella breakfast cookie Dough and Banana Smoothie Breakfast Bites hiding in there.
Let’s see if I can convince my friends to chip in and let the travelling begin.
3. I’m all about balance here- Whether that means eating brownies with breakfast, kilos of potatoes at a time or embracing the green. Sunday evening called for a chilled night with Niki watching the OC on repeat (no joke, she’s watched it from season 1 to 4 over and over again) before a McDonalds craving hit the both of us. On the menu? A frozen coke, a hot caramel sundae and a small french fries to dip in the ice cream.
4. A reader jokingly pointed out that Niki doesn’t look too happy when she’s trying my homemade treats. I think there’s some truth in that. Look at that expression with McDonalds in her possession.
5. I love it when bloggers or readers recreate my recipes and take the time to either post it or personally email me their creations! Recently, my Greek yogurt chocolate brownies seem to be quite popular. This is good in two regards.
1. Hopefully, brownies for breakfast my start happening
2. I have a few more Greek yogurt style baked goods to come. Stay tuned.
6. Blogger Politics– A few weeks ago I published a post relating to abusing blog run link up parties, in particular one I regular participate in- What I ate Wednesday. It became so redundant and honestly quite frustrating as both a reader and participant to come across post after post which had no relevance or were there surely for self promotion. It’s gotten to the point that Jenn has had to start monitoring those who link up which completely unfair on her part. Jenn’s gone out of her way to host this, along with everything else going on in her life so the least we can all do is respect it. This should be standard across all link up parties.
Expect more ‘Blogging Politics’ posts to come.
7. You guys. I went to take a shower before and could not for the life of me find my loofah. Then I watched the Grammy highlights on the news and realised Rihanna stole it. Rude.
Hope you guys all have an epic start to the week!
Are you a fan of road trips?
What is your ideal travel vehicle?
What is your favourite theatre show/musical?Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @thebigmansworld
Instagram – > thebigmansworld
Facebook – > thebigmansworld
Pinterest -> thebigmansworld
Bloglovin’ -> thebigmansworld