‘I miss more of your sassy posts.’
‘Can you post more random life posts?’
‘I remember when you used to be a good son and didn’t talk back to me’.
Okay the last one didn’t count because it was from my mum. You guys want more random, sassy posts in between the recipes and the serious ones- You’re on. I mentioned how the MAN SASS was coming back and from this Monday forth- It’s on.
Before I jump into it, I’ve now started trialling recipe posting on Sunday- If you’re a fan of Cinnamon Raisin bread you’ll love the Paleo twist on it.
1. First things first, a huge THANK YOU!
TBMW hit a milestone this Valentine’s day weekend and hit over 3000 friends on Facebook! I know it may not seem much for many of you, but I love using Facebook as a means of interacting and conversing with readers who have often commented that they read the blog but rarely comment on it- Yet are vocal on other social media platforms.
I’m proud of the steady growth because it has been completely organic and without resorting to ‘buy’ followers (Not that anyone has done that per se, but with Facebook becoming quite money savvy, ways to ‘build’ your brand or blog has been through paid promotion) or having others do ‘shout outs’.
I read an article online (I’ll hunt it down and share it next time!) about Facebook pages who buy followers and how it’s easy to spot them- They may have fans in the thousands but the engagement and interaction = close to none.
Thanks once again guys- If we’re not friends yet jump on over and let’s connect!
2. Sticking to blogging news, I sent out my first Newsletter yesterday! After some consideration, I’ve decided to make it weekly to start of with. It will be a collation of recent happenings, a weekly recap, Email Q +A’s from readers and bloggers and upcoming giveaways. Not signed up? Simply enter your email at the top bar or on the side- I’ll update regularly for new subscribers!
3. False advertising with music- Can we take a minute to talk about false advertising in music? We all know that false advertising in recipes happens far too often than we’d like, but music?
I’ve been experimenting with some smoothie/healthy milkshake recipes but there is only so many one can consume themselves. I’ve been pawning some off to my sister and the other day, after making her one, told her to stand in the backyard for 5 minutes with it.
Guys, Kelis is wrong. Milkshakes do NOT bring boys to the yard. None. Although she did get bitten by a mosquito bite so let’s hope it was a male one.
4. Confused Doppelgänger– I’ve been told that I look like some random celebrities before (Unfortunately, Channing Tatum was self proclaimed), but one I never considered was comedian Arj Barker. This newfound information came as quite the (embarrassing) revelation.
Stranger- “Oh Arjy Barjy I love you’re stuff!”
Stranger- “I’m a huge fan!”
Me- (Maybe for some bizarre reason, he reads my blog and somehow recognised my face?)- Oh um, nice. That means a lot. You a fan of the recipes?
Stranger– … Huh?
Stranger– …Wait, you’re not Arj Barker.
No, I’m not Arj Barker. Thank you for elevating my head temporarily thinking my blog had some decent reach.
Actually upon reflection- Maybe they thought I was Arman circa 2009 when I used to be human mop.
5. (The Biggest) Loser Advice- Shannon is one of the trainers on Australia’s version of The Biggest Loser and this article has been flying around the inter webs like wildfire.
Maybe Shannon should embark on that “bland” eating plan for a week before dishing out some ridiculous advice.
6. Instagram Confusion– My instagram account is easily 92.5% food. I do get some odd comments on there here and then but some just confuse the hell out of me.
While I do post some paleo food pictures, I also do post a tonne of others which most definitely are not. I find it humorous when ‘Instagrammers’ with names such as ‘Paleo Lover’ or ‘Keto Princess’ leave comments on pictures of oatmeal, chocolate, breads or sandwiches saying-
‘Can’t wait to try this out!’
‘Mmm. Looks delicious! I know what my breakfast is!’
‘I can’t live without oatmeal!’
…..No words. (That was two).
Happy Monday folks. Eat something delicious.
Do you notice strange interactions on Instagram?
What are your thoughts on The Biggest Loser piece?
Ever drank a milkshake in your backyard?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld