Easy, delicious cake-like bites which tastes exactly like a peppermint mocha but much healthier for you and only take 5 minutes to whip up! Soft and doughy, these no-bake bites and naturally vegan, gluten free, dairy free and come with a paleo and high protein option- A delicious snack or treat anytime!
“Arman, when you move to America you need to try out the seasonal drinks at Starbucks for us.”
Who knew that one (most likely a joke) request from my friends back home would actually become a reality?
The Starbucks hype never really hit Australia. I still remember back when I was in my early high school days and there was an announcement on the news that Starbucks would be opening multiple locations and coffee would be “taken to another level”.
Yes, it certainly went to another level.
A level of disappearance.
Now? There are only three (I think?) Starbucks stores in Melbourne. Every time I went past one of the stores (which were all located within the city centre), it would be mostly filled with tourists or people holding up their hands saluting it.
Oh wait, sorry. They were just trying to mooch off the free WIFI which unlike America, is SO DAMN HARD TO FIND.
Long story short, Starbucks in Australia is nothing like it is in the Northern Hemisphere or even other parts of the world, like London. It would be a safe assumption that the seasonal drinks would be the same, however, that is not the case. America get blessed with peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice and gingerbread and Australia? White hot chocolate, iced white hot chocolate and skinny white hot chocolate.
Thanks, Australia. Just show off our creativity, why don’t you.
I promise you all that I do not have some obsession with Starbucks or pimping up their recipes. I have, however, decided to try out ALL their festive drinks and incorporate them into some no-bake bite or recipe, similar to the one which started it all- The No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte bites. Just last week, I went to Starbucks and put on my dumb naive Australian act and requested their Peppermint mocha before it was released. Why? So I could create today’s recipe. The team at the local Starbucks were amazing and had everything on hand to make it for me so here we go- Healthy No Bake Peppermint Mocha Bites!
These Healthy No Bake Peppermint Mocha Bites are the perfect balance of mint, sweetness and espresso for one delicious snack bite recipe! They are soft, doughy and remind me of a chocolate brownie in terms of texture! They literally take five minutes to whip up and are the perfect snack or healthy dessert to have on hand, especially for mint lovers. Not only are these bites healthy, they are also suitable for those following a vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free diet. For my paleo friends, take note of the necessary adjustments to make them compliant.
For those of you not a fan of mint and/or espresso, these are easy enough to simply omit either- Just reduce the amount of dairy-free milk!
Make these healthy no bake peppermint mocha bites and here’s to being a cliche goose.
The seasonal flavored bites are coming at you, BOOM!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla powder (I tried a vegan brown rice brand, a paleo egg white brand and a casein blend)- Optional
- pinch sea salt
- Granulated sweetener of choice**
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used homemade paleo "nutella")
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub for honey, agave or brown rice syrup)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice***
- Extra cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flours, protein powder, espresso powder, cocoa powder, salt and granulated sweetener and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with the maple syrup. Whisk in the peppermint extract and pour into the dry mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
- If batter is too thick (it generally is), add a tablespoon of dairy-free milk, until a thick batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour until a thick batter is formed. Using your hands, form into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm.
- * For the paleo option, use 1 cup TOTAL coconut flour or almond flour, however you'll need to adjust the liquids for the latter.
- ** My protein powder was sweetened so I omitted but adjust accordingly
- *** Depending on the blend of flours you use, you may need less or more. Adjust accordingly.
- Bites can be stored at room temperature but best refrigerated.
No Bake Snickerdoodle Bites (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
No Bake Cake Batter Bites (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Are you a fan of the seasonal drinks?
Does ‘White chocolate’ count as a seasonal drink? NO, AUSTRALIA
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld