Easy, delicious cake-like bites which tastes exactly like a gingerbread spice latte but much healthier for you and only take 5 minutes to whip up! Soft and doughy, these no-bake bites and naturally vegan, gluten free, dairy free and come with a paleo and high protein option- A delicious snack recipe or treat anytime!
“Oh, it’s my seasonal drink bandit! Which one have you come for today?”
Sorry, Barista Nick.
Here I was thinking my temporary hang out in Columbus would result in me being known as the ‘Aussie’ and not the goose who orders seasonal Starbucks beverages before their scheduled release dates.
Barista Nick is actually one of my favorite people I’ve met in Columbus. He’s taught me which Starbucks drinks have the most caffeine, he’s told me which pastries to buy on which days and he informed me that ‘whip’ did not involve anything over PG13.
Anyway, like the Pumpkin Spice Latte, Peppermint Mocha and the salted caramel mocha, I obviously had to sample the Gingerbread latte (again) for recipe development purposes….and to get a healthy seasonal sugar fix. Barista Nick recommended half the syrup (2 pumps instead of 4?) and knowing the caffiene fiend I am, added an extra shot of espresso. If it wasn’t for the upcoming seasonal recipe I have to share (you guys, it’s probably my favorite one yet!), I’d say the gingerbread takes the seasonal crown. Anyway, it’s also the inspiration for today’s no bake bite recipe- Healthy No Bake Gingerbread Latte bites!
These healthy No Bake Gingerbresd Latte bites are doughy, soft and chewy and taste like dessert but are actually healthy for you! They take less than ten minutes to whip up and are the perfect snack to have between meals, pre or post workout or a healthy after dinner sweet treat! This quick and easy recipe has all the flavors of a gingerbread latte minus the usual sugar bomb associated with it. These are also suitable for those following a paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle- They can also be made higher in protein and sugar free!
HACK! While I added a dash of espresso in the dairy free milk used, if caffeine isn’t your thing, you can definitely use decaf or omit it completely- We might just leave the ‘latte’ part out of that. 😉
Make these healthy No Bake Gingerbread Latte Bites and come to Columbus and give Barista Nick a hi 5. Or 10. or 20.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour (can sub for rolled oats, oat bran or quick oats)*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)**
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut palm sugar)***
- Pinch espresso powder
- 1 1/2 T gingerbread spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and a dash of cloves)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses/brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener)****
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice*****
- Gingerbread spice mix and granulated sweetener to coat (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, espresso powder, gingerbread spice and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. Pour your wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add dairy free milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
- Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls. Roll balls in optional gingerbread/sugar mixture and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
- * For paleo option, use 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ** If you use another flour, you may need to add 2-3 tablespoons to make the batter firm
- *** I used 2 tablespoons but adjust according to your desired level of sweetness
- **** For a paleo option, use maple syrup
- ***** Depending on the flour combination, you may need more- Adjust accordingly
- I tried this with a scoop of protein powder and it worked well- I added a dash more liquid to firm up.
Do you know your Barista by their name?
Do you ask for extra whip on your latte? kekekekekeke.