Delicious, flourless cookies which are soft and chewy with a healthy sticky cinnamon glaze on top! A one bowl recipe which takes 15 minutes to whip up and a very easy ingredient list- Naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Please don’t state the obvious.
This blog clearly goes through themes and tries to replicate a favorite flavor on different vehicles. I remember when I first started blogging and sharing recipes, I went through the most bizarre phases. You’re welcome to go through the archives but let’s just say there was the pancakes phase (including sweet potato pancakes and cheeseburger pancakes) and also the….questionable phase where I shared random savory oatmeal concoctions which were not the most visually appealing.
Now? It seems like a ‘sticky cinnamon’ is trending on TBMW.
Take the ‘sticky cinnamon roll/bun’ phenomenon (self-awarded).
Oatmeal- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Pancakes- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Waffles- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Muffins- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Baked Oatmeal- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Oatmeal AGAIN- Got the sticky cinnamon roll treatment.
Trying to steal the thunder from every other vehicle out there.
For those of you who are over the sticky cinnamon goodness, build a bridge and get over it. Besides today’s recipe, I have three more beauties to
stick throw in your direction.
While this may be overboard for some, let’s highlight the real benefit here- I haven’t bought a Cinnabon cinnamon roll since arriving to America! Long term readers know I have a borderline obsession with them. I blame all these recipes as a lack of consumption, but c’est la vie. Money saved. Health saved. Happiness saved? Maybe. In the meantime, let’s celebrate with these healthy flourless sticky cinnamon bun cookies!
These healthy flourless sticky cinnamon bun cookies are delicious, soft, chewy and pretty much a texture lover’s dream. Without the sticky cinnamon glaze, you only need three ingredients- Not including spices, but they don’t count (Really). These flourless cookies may look sinful but they are actually really healthy for you- In fact, they are PERFECT to snack on anytime or as I’ve been doing, dipping in peanut butter. Naturally gluten free and vegan, they are also refined sugar free!
HACK! For those of you who want a crispier cookie, these aren’t your answer- However, if you bake them an extra 3 minutes and let them cool completely before eating- They’ll be pretty smack bang on.
Make these healthy flourless sticky cinnamon bun cookies and let’s whip our hair back and forth to cinnamon.
Sticky cinnamon roll.
- 2 cups gluten free oat bran (Can sub for gluten free oats or quick oats)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can sub for brown rice syrup or honey)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice*
- 2-3 T coconut butter, melted
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice
- Dairy free milk to thin out
- cinnamon for dusting
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla or cinnamon protein powder
- Dairy free milk to thin out
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat bran, sea salt, cinnamon, nut butter and maple syrup and mix well. Add dairy free milk one tablespoon at a time until a thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, form into balls and set on the lined baking tray. Press each ball into a cookie shape and top with extra cinnamon. Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly firm on the edges and remove. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Prepare your cinnamon bun glaze by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl. Top the cookies with desired amount.
- * Depending on the nut butter you use and oat type, you may need more. Adjust accordingly.
- Cookies are best kept refrigerated and can be frozen. If kept at room temperature, ensure they are covered. Room temperature cookies keep for 3 days.
What obsession are you currently facing? DON’T say pumpkin/apples/Kim Kardashian
OKAY. Sorry. I just need to say this but ‘autocorrect’ didn’t amend ‘Kardashian.’ Please don’t tell me the Oxford Dictionary considers it a word now…
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld