Enjoy all the delicious flavor of Easter candy but with a much healthier twist, thanks to these healthy no bake cookie dough chocolate covered eggs! These healthy cookie dough eggs taste like dessert but are a snack to enjoy anytime- Packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats, this recipe is naturally paleo, vegan, gluten free, sugar free AND dairy free!
Not only do you guys get this insanely delicious (and easy!) recipe today, I’m also announcing a delicious MONTHLY giveaway happening on TBMW for 2016/2017!
Those who often make any of my recipes which call for a vegan protein powder would know that I always recommend Growing Naturals Brown Rice protein powder. I’ve been a long term user of both the chocolate and vanilla protein powders!
Back when I was in Australia, I’d often order their tubs online and always have them on hand. After trying out a plethora of vegan protein powders, I was impressed with the Growing Naturals range. Unlike many on the market, their protein powder did NOT resemble a sand pit and was absolutely perfect for using in recipes! In fact, their vanilla protein powder was my ‘go-to’ in this vanilla cake batter oatmeal and this original cake batter oatmeal.
I’m stoked to announce that for all of 2016, I’ll be sharing a recipe each month using their delicious vanilla or chocolate protein powder. Not only that, but we’re going to do something fun here too. Each month, TWO readers will each win a protein prize pack from Growing Naturals, along with a batch of whichever recipe I make using it! Not only that- I’ll also be throwing in the ingredients I used to make it so you too can recreate it!
How do you enter? Simply follow the Rafflecopter widget below and simple as that- You’re in the draw!
Just an FYI- The monthly giveaways are open WORLDWIDE- However, should you win and be located outside of America, I can only send through the ingredients, not the actual finished product- This needs to be legal! 🙂 a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now onto today’s recipe!
When it comes to Easter, I’m a huge fan…of the day after the main event(s). The discounted candy, eggs, bunnies and LINDT GOLD BUNNIES make my (fat) heart go absolutely GAGA. Seriously, my sister and I would go at 7am to the supermarket, grinning like Cheshire cats over our (potential) goodies. I’d always hunt down the Turkish Delight eggs and my sister would get the honeycomb ones. We’d both tackle the Lindt varieties, and often leave with enough loot to last us until the forthcoming year.
This year, seeing as I’m not back in Australia grinning like a Cheshire cat with Niki over our post-Easter loot, I thought I’d share a delicious recipe for DIY Easter Eggs which require no baking and are accidentally healthy! I wanted something fun in the centre (let’s not discuss hollow eggs…..fail whale), so opted for a cookie dough twist. Once formed into an egg shape, I gave them a chocolate coating and voila- Healthy No Bake cookie Dough Chocolate Covered eggs!
These Healthy No Bake Cookie Dough Chocolate Covered Eggs may look fancy-schmancy but trust me- They are SO easy to whip and ridiculously healthy too, you could pretty much eat them any time of the day too! The centre ‘cookie dough’ portion is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats and the exterior is simply melted dairy free chocolate or sugar free chocolate (I’ve only tried this brand over here). Although this may be a little more time consuming that my usual no-bake recipes, the final process is worth it- Cracking the delicious, chocolate exterior into a fudgy cookie dough centre = BLISS! These healthy treats are also suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free AND paleo lifestyle!
HACK! Impatient like I am? That’s a-ok! Line a large plate with baking paper and place them in the freezer for 10 minutes. While it’s ‘freezing’, start prepping your melted chocolate and once it’s done, remove and start the dipping!
Make these healthy No Bake Cookie Dough Chocolate Covered Eggs and enjoy all things candy eggs 364 days a year.
The other day is your birthday and you should NOT be eating these then.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (Can sub for gluten free oats/oat flour- See notes below)*
- 3 scoop Growing Naturals vanilla protein powder** (Omit for paleo option)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice (I used smooth cashew butter but peanut/almond works great!)
- 3 T maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice***
- Handful of dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Dairy free/sugar free/dark chocolate of choice
- sea salt (optional)
- Line a large plate with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt your nut butter and maple syrup and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until a crumbly texture remains. If the mixture is completely cool, add the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add the dairy free milk of choice until a VERY thick batter is formed. Form into egg shaped bites and place on lined plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Once firm, melt your chocolate of choice and using two spoons, dip each egg into the mixture until fully coated and place back on the lined plate. Sprinkle with sea salt and allow to firm up before enjoying!
- * Can sub for oat flour, oats or almond flour- However, you'll need to reduce dairy free milk considerably.
- ** For paleo option, add an extra 2 tablespoons of monk fruit or coconut palm sugar
- *** You'll most likely need more than 1/4 cup.
- These can be kept at room temperature but are best refrigerated and lightly thawed before enjoying!
This post is sponsored by Growing Naturals. Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which allow me to do what I’m passionate about every day, and continuing to make The Big Man’s World possible.
What is your favorite way to use Protein Powder?
Do you get excited for the day AFTER Easter? …. Yes.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld