Just three easy ingredients are needed to make this soft and fudgy no bake cookies packed with protein! Ready in just five minutes, these no bake cookies have no flour, grains, butter, oil or sugar! They are also naturally paleo, vegan, gluten free, grain free, low carb and sugar free!
It’s funny that when you use a specific ingredient so often, you somehow assume everyone does too.
That is me with coconut flour.
It’s no surprise that coconut flour is one of my most used ingredients. It’s often one of the first ingredients I turn to, along with almond/cashew butter when it comes to making something sweet. Heck, even when it comes to savory recipes, they play a pivotal role too- As evidenced by last year’s most popular recipe and one of my most made recipes ever- this English muffin!
Unfortunately for me, not everyone possesses the same sentiments. While there ARE a fair few coconut flour enthusiasts out there, I need a dose of reality here and realize that no; not everyone considers it one of their staples.
It’s amazing to realise how much we’ve all progressed in terms of what our kitchens contain now VS several years ago. To be quite frank, even 6 years ago, I most likely didn’t even have ANY type of flour in my own pantry- The thought of cooking or baking probably would have made me squirm! Sure, in my ideal world (and kitchen!), coconut flour would be commonplace. However, until this epic flour is situated next to the whole wheat flour in the supermarket, I’ll bite the bullet and be happy to see it accepted before becoming standard.
This is where today’s simple recipe comes in. A few months ago, I shared this insanely easy 3 ingredient no bake paleo protein bar recipe but of course, it used coconut flour. I swapped out the coconut flour for some healthy fats (aka cashew or almond butter) and it changed the consistency but was insanely delicious…and that was just the batter. After letting them sit in the fridge, I was left with these amazing no bake cookies which had a fudge-like consistency- Sorry coconut flour- You weren’t needed this time!
These healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Protein Cookies have the most amazing texture- They are soft and fudge-like, and taste even better slightly thawed from the freezer! For such a doughy, chewy and soft cookie, you won’t believe they are ridiculously healthy for you, but they are- They contain no butter, oil, flour, grains, sugar or dairy! They literally take just five minutes to whip up and are suitable for those following a paleo, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and low carb lifestyle!
HACK! While I’m a huge advocate of using homemade nut butters in most of my recipes, I would recommend using a natural, store-bought DRIPPY nut butter- The texture just worked much better when combined with strictly protein powder.
Make these healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Protein Cookies and now excuse me as I console a moody bag in the corner…
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder, 32-35 grams each (I used a paleo blend, casein blend and a vegan blend- See 'Shop' for brands)*
- 1 1/2 cups almond butter**
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice
- Chocolate chips, optional
- Pinch sea salt, optional
- Line a large plate with parchment/baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine protein powder and almond butter and mix well- A crumbly texture should remain. Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a VERY thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form into small balls and place on lined plate. Press firmly into a cookie shape, add chocolate chips if desired and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- * Please make sure you like the taste of your protein powder and that it's sweetened.
- ** Use a drippy almond butter. If slightly stiff, heat until melted.
- These cookies are best kept in the fridge (fudgy texture) or enjoyed slightly thawed from the freezer (slightly firmer but still fudgy).
What ingredient do you wish was a pantry staple for all?
Has your pantry/kitchen basics changed over the years?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld