You only need three ingredients and less than five minutes to whip up this GIANT no bake cookie for one which is also low in carbs! No nuts, dried fruits or sticky sweeteners are needed, but are optional- It’s also suitable for those following a vegan, paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free lifestyle!
So this is the 3 Ingredient low carb/protein packed recipe week….in association with my low carb diet week.
How’s it going? Well, it’s not TOO bad, but that is primarily due to me allowing myself two caffeinated drinks per day.
Living on the edge here, friends.
I know many of my readers are avid gym goers (along with many of my friends too!) and often enjoy a protein shake pre workout, post workout or even both. Many of them even enjoy one after dinner before going to sleep (this is the beauty of casein protein powder here). The basics of their protein shakes is pretty much protein powder with water/milk and sometimes, fruit.
Living on the edge.
However, if given the choice between a shake or a cookie (with pretty much the same macros), which would you pick?
If you have the option of making a cookie in the same time it takes to make a cookie, I’d go the latter route. The only difference between these two (in terms of ingredients) is just the addition of coconut flour, which works as an amazing binder.
Another epic benefit of this low carb protein packed cookie is that you can enjoy it two ways- Either soft and fudge-like OR firmer- although if you go the latter route, I’d recommend prepping it in advance, or having the patience to wait 10-15 minutes to freeze up in the fridge.
One more benefit of this over the shake?
Okay, enough. The pictures depict it, so let’s jump into the recipe!
This giant low carb cookie for one is literally the size of your face and needs just THREE ingredients and less than five minutes to whip up! Swap out your daily protein shake for this edible option which has the most amazing texture which is easily customizable! Unlike traditional protein bars or cookies on the market (which are packed full of preservatives, additives, artificial ingredients and Beyonce’s left shoe), these need just THREE basic ingredients- Protein powder, coconut flour and liquid of choice to form into a ‘dough’. Based on the ingredients used (either vegan protein powder, casein protein powder or paleo protein powder), this low carb protein packed cookie is naturally gluten free, paleo, vegan, dairy free and sugar free!
HACK! While originally 3 ingredients, I DO recommend the optional nut butter and/or pure maple syrup in the mixture. It gives it a more classic ‘cookie’ texture and would be a more balanced all around snack!
Make this healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Low Carb GIANT Cookie for one and let’s think outside the shake.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 T coconut flour*
- Milk of choice
- 1 T nut butter of choice (optional)
- 1 T pure maple syrup (optional)
- Sea salt, to sprinkle over
- Chocolate chips/dried fruits/nuts etc (optional)
- Line a small plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add your protein powder and coconut flour and mix well. If using the nut butter/maple syrup, add it right now. Using a teaspoon, add milk of choice until a VERY thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form a small ball and press on the lined plate. Top with optional add ins, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy (for a fudgy cookie) or refrigerate/freeze until firm.
- * If you use casein protein powder, you can omit it, however you'll have a very gummy cookie. You can sub the coconut flour or almond or oat flour, but you'd be best to add the optional nut butter and maple syrup for texture.
- Cookie is freezer friendly.
How much caffeine can you handle a day?
Do you ever drink protein shakes?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld