This healthy edible chocolate chip cookie dough is single serve and made with no eggs, which is the perfect portioned snack, dessert or even breakfast! Made with no butter, oil, grains or sugar, this edible cookie dough is naturally gluten free, paleo, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Today is a GREAT day.
Not only do you get a delicious single serve cookie dough recipe, you get a pretty banging SECOND recipe to accompany it- Baked Pita Chip dippers!
Chips and dip.
Throughout my first year of university, there were MANY late nights out (as evidenced by the memories mentioned in Monday’s post…).
90% of the time, I’d be out until 3-4am, stumble home and then wake up around 2pm, ready to faceplant some McDonalds, KFC or a kebab. The other 10% of the time, I’d have the strangest craving for chips and dip…for breakfast. Technically, the time I’d enjoy it would be well past lunch time, but seeing as it was the first meal of the day, it got given the breakfast title.
Salsa and cheddar Doritos? Yes.
Borderline stale corn chips and poor man’s guacamole (an avocado beaten with a spoon and mixed with salt, pepper and onion powder)? Yes.
Salt and vinegar chips with sour cream? Yes.
Oh yeah. One more.
Pita chips and raw cookie dough.
I simultaneously cringe and applaud myself for enjoying such a combination, but can safely say it was definitely one of my favorites. Fortunately, I’ve grown out of those crazy days but I’m not going to lie- I’d love to use the late night excuse to face plant some raw cookie dough and pita chips.
I really wanted to recreate the dip and cookie dough duo, but in breakfast fashion. Not only that, but also in a healthy and SOBER way. Long term readers know that some of my favorite recipes include edible (and egg-free) cookie doughs like this one here and this one here.
My stand-by pita chip recipe is this one here, but wanted to amp it up to pair with the chocolate chip cookie dough ‘dip’- Enter some cocoa action which reminded me SO much of Churros!!!
So not only do you get the healthy edible chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, you also get baked CHURROS Pita Chips which, when paired together, are the perfect balanced breakfast or snack!
This healthy edible chocolate chip cookie dough is egg-free and single serve, making it the perfect portioned treat, dessert, snack or breakfast for ONE! It’s super thick, slightly creamy and satisfying, you’d never be able to tell it has no butter, eggs, grains or white sugar! It’s a quick, easy and super simple recipe, which can easily be adapted to what you have on hand. Don’t have applesauce? Sub it for pumpkin or mashed banana! Don’t have coconut flour and aren’t strictly paleo? Sub it for gluten free oat flour! Don’t have drippy almond butter? No worries, it works with peanut butter! Depending on which combination you use, this edible cookie dough is naturally gluten free, vegan, paleo, dairy free and can be made completely sugar free!
Another bonus? It’s also accidentally low carb, which makes it perfect to use as a dip, especially paired with baked pita chips made with Flatout Bread– Especially the Original or ProteinUP! range! These high protein, high fiber breads are perfect when baked. Not only that, they are filling and satisfying, a rare feat with most flatbreads out there.
HACK! Feel like adding some extra protein? I’ve tried this with a scoop of vanilla protein powder in BOTH the cookie dough and also sprinkled over the pita chips (similar to the cinnamon ones) and they both work well- As always, I tried it with this vegan protein powder, this casein protein powder, and this paleo protein powder.
Make this healthy edible chocolate chip cookie dough for one and relive MY post high school days by making the baked churros pita chips too.
It’s worth it.
- 3 T coconut flour, sifted (can sub for gluten free oat flour if not paleo)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used a stevia blend)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 3 T unsweetened applesauce (can sub for banana)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch vanilla extract
- 2 T drippy almond butter (can sub for any nut butter, soy butter, sunflower seed butter)
- 1 T pure maple syrup (can sub for honey, agave, or sugar free maple syrup)
- Milk of choice*
- Handful of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 x Flatout Wrap of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used a stevia blend)
- Oil/butter/cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup. Stir through the vanilla extract.
- Transfer for dry mixture and mix well. The batter should be incredibly thick so using a tablespoon, add milk of choice to desired thickness (a thick cookie dough= use less. A thinner, creamier cookie dough, add more). Mix through chocolate chips, transfer to a bowl and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking tray/dish with cooking spray/oil/butter very generously. Cut the Flatout wrap into triangles and lay out evenly. Spray the triangles lightly with more cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon, sweetener of choice and cocoa powder until combined. Cover the Flatout bread triangles on both sides and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy and golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before enjoying!
- * Depending on the flour you use and protein powder, you may need less more.
- The cookie dough has a fantastic consistency when allowed to sit for half an hour or so before enjoying. If prepped in advance, keep in the refrigerator.
- The baked chips store well in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
This post is sponsored by Flatout Bread. Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which allow me to do what I’m passionate about every day and make The Big Man’s World possible.
What is a strange combo you enjoy?
Have you ever had churros before?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld