Rice crispy treats get a healthy and easy makeover with these healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Rice Crispy Cups! Made with no butter, margarine, marshmallows or sugar, these rice crispy cups are naturally gluten free, vegan and dairy free!
“The new graduates have gone to check out the office near the beach today.”
“I told them they should check out the roof top area and then go to the patisserie nearby.”
“I told them they should have cake by the ocean!”
“MUM. You did not.”
“Why? The cakes there are delicious and it’s next to the beach! It’s like the song, they can fulfill the lyrics.”
“Mum, do you know what those lyrics are referencing?”
“Arman, do you think I’m stupid? Of course I do. Instead of getting ice cream from a truck, they suggest having cake. Who wouldn’t want cake instead of ice cream, especially by the ocean?”
I really hope these new graduates realize my mum is one who is stuck in the world where anything above PG13 is non-existent. After she told me that, I messaged Niki telling her she was off her cannon again. She messaged back telling me mum suggested she go with her to have carrot cake by the beach.
Okay, enough about that silly song and what it truly means. Let’s talk about muffin tins and how I’ve been having just a little bit TOO much fun with them lately.
Ever since I mentioned in this post that I’ll be sharing a slew of muffin tin NO BAKE recipes, I kind of went overboard with it…not that I really mind. Some went a little bit crazy (and unsurprisingly, failed), like trying to make a smoothie pops in them. Others had the opposite effect, and I cannot wait to share those beauties with you!
So let’s talk today’s fool proof recipe- These healthy 3 ingredient no bake rice crispy cups!
These healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Rice Crispy Cups are one of my most made and snacks of choice- I always make a batch of them WEEKLY. They are ridiculously easy to make and literally take five minutes. Unlike traditional rice crispy treats, this version contains no butter, margarine, oil, marshmallows or white sugar, but you’d never be able to tell. Why? Because they taste better, that’s why! I made these even easier than my original as you don’t need a pan and the forthcoming knife to slice them up- Simply scoop 1/4 cup portions into a muffin tin, top with optional chocolate chips and voila- Cups, cups, rice crispy cups. Bonus? They are suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle!
HACK! While I prefer brown rice syrup as my sticky sweetener, you can totally still make this with agave nectar, pure manuka honey (will no longer be strictly vegan!) and pure maple syrup. Saying that, you’ll need to add an extra tablespoon or two. The reason for this is that they aren’t as sticky as brown rice syrup is. That shitake mushroom is one tough mudder.
Make these healthy No Bake 3 Ingredient Rice Crispy Cups and let’s have cake by the ocean.
THE LITERAL MEANING, dirty birdies.
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (I used a gluten-free brand)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used smooth peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for honey, agave or maple)*
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a 12 count muffin tray with 8 -12 muffin tins/paper cups and set aside. (Use 12 for smaller cups, 8 for large cups).
- In a large mixing bowl, add your crispy rice cereal and set aside.
- Stovetop or in the microwave, melt your nut butter with your brown rice syrup (or other sticky sweetener) until combined. Pour over the crispy rice cereal and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide evenly amongst the muffin tins/cups and top with optional chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- * If you use honey, agave or maple syrup, add an extra tablespoon if not sticky enough.
- Rice crispy cups can be kept at room temperature- They can also be refrigerated or frozen too
Want more NO BAKE muffin tin recipes? Gotcha covered!
What is a tune you are currently jamming to?
Are you oblivious to the real meaning of certain songs?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld