Today’s International Blogger Spotlight features a favourite blogger of mine, Madison from Eating 4 Balance. What I enjoy about Madison’s blog is that it incorporates many aspects of her day to day life, witty reviews and also her other interests outside of food and healthy living. A very interesting aspect of her blog is her current journey in dealing with sudden allergies and food intolerance and how she is adapting herself to these new changes! Not only that, but her ingenius recipes make you question how something so tantalising could be free of dairy, gluten and everything under the sun.
What is your blog about and why did you start blogging?
Hello everyone! My name is Madison and I blog over at Eating 4 Balance. I am going to be a sophomore Accounting student this fall at college and right now I’m home for about a week, packing up and getting ready to move into my dorm room! I started my blog because I love baking as well as writing. About 1 1/2 years ago I started experiencing some pretty severe stomach pains which turned out to be at least partly caused by some pretty sudden food allergies. On my blog I mostly post grain-free recipes as well as many dairy, egg and nut-free recipes as well. Sadly right now I can’t eat any of my own creations as my diet is really limited because of my stomach problems, but all food is given two thumbs up by my family and friends before I share it on my blog.
Tell us 7 interesting facts about you!
Most girls will confess to having a shoes, makeup or purse fetish. The thought of having spending money on any of those things makes me want to go run and hide. Preferably while wearing my super cheap flip flops, year-old makeup, and a stand-in for a purse (aka grocery bag) swinging over my shoulder.
- While I don’t have a fetish for shoes, makeup or purses, I do have a serious collection of jeans. One can never have too many jeans. I get almost all of mine at a thrift store that my mom and I frequent. I can get a good pair of American Eagle or Express for $2 or $3. Thrift store jeans are just all around better. Worn, soft and inexpensive. What more could you ask for? There is nothing that makes me feel more ready for a first day of school than slipping on my favorite pair of dark wash jeans.
- I (along with probably half of America) have a problem with binge-watching. The Today shows claims that it’s a “mostly harmless addiction” which I can mostly agree with. However, the writers of that article probably didn’t try to get their homework done for their college classes while trying not to watch consecutive episodes of Rookie Blue on Hulu or New Girl on Netflix.
How about some “favorites?” Those are always good, right?… Favorite athlete: Dara Torres. Favorite actress: Jennifer Lawrence. Favorite actor: Leonardo DiCaprio. Favorite romantic comedy: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Favorite TV Show of all time (or right now since I can never make up my mind 😉 ): Wildfire. Favorite cartoon: Scooby Doo. Favorite type of music: Country.
- Cheese. I hate it. Well, I hate it in most forms I should say. On pizza or the occasional hamburger? Queso dip and chips? Yes please. Deli sandwiches with sliced cheese? Cheese “cubes?” Cheese on my spaghetti? No thanks. The thought makes me want to gag (pleasant, no?).
- Coming up with seven random things about yourself is hard. I don’t know how autobiographers do it.
- I am a self-proclaimed delayed genius. Case in point- days from now I will suddenly come up with witty things to say for each of these questions and super fascinating stuff about me that you’d just love. Right now though I’m just drawing a blank. Like wine I must get better with time 😉
Do you have a favourite workout or recipe you’d like to share?
I hope you guys enjoyed a spotlight on Madison whom, through trial and error, is working on her health in a different way to most. Whats remarkable is she’s not letting any of it hold her back, and it will be great to follow her as she goes back to College! I wish I had known her a year ago when I took an accounting class….that damn assignment still haunts me!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld