Packed full of protein and peanut butter chocolate goodness, this healthy rice pudding tastes exactly like a peanut butter cup minus the added sugars, fats and other nasties! Ready in less than 10 minutes, it’s perfect for a make ahead breakfast or made in a batch for an after dinner treat- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free AND a low carb option!
You guys know that the market is saturated with supplements, weight management products, weight loss products, weight gain products and general nutritional goodies. From my personal experience, I’d only really been accustomed to products which focused on one specific target (e.g. weight loss, general nutrition, mass gain).
When Bowflex Body reached out to collaborate- I was intrigued by their product range. The team at Bowflex Body have a range of products targeted towards various groups- Those who are finding difficult when it comes to fitness motivation, those who are in need of some assistance with weight loss or those like myself- Generally interested it fitness and always looking for ways to to use or add protein products.
What was unique with the Bowflex Body range was their protein range- They start with a base French Vanilla Shake which on it’s own, was delicious. The unique twist was it’s offering of three blends which could aid the base- Rich Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Mixed Berry. While all flavours were delicious, the peanut butter addition was by far the winner here. What I loved about the peanut butter one was the addition of one of my all time favourite ingredients- Peanut flour!
While I’m not the biggest fan of drinking my protein, I am a fan of adding it IN recipes- Like this delicious one below. I followed the BowFlex Body protocol and used the base of French Vanilla and added the peanut butter booster- 10 extra grams of protein AND the delicious peanut butter taste. Enter- A healthy Peanut Butter Cup Rice Pudding!
PS- You can also use discount code BOWFLEXSHAKE for 20% off products and free shipping and handling!
This Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Rice Pudding is the new breakfast grain dish to add to repertoire. It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up which can be done the night before to have a delicious, pudding like meal ready for you! These are gluten free, sugar free and dairy free too! For those who follow a vegan lifestyle, there are substitutions in the recipe! Bonus- I know some readers follow a low carb diet and a kind reader from Instagram mentioned they tried out my first rice pudding recipe using miracle rice– A low carb rice substitute. While I can’t personally vouch for it, they seemed to enjoy it and it is consistently on their meal rotation!
For those not keen on a sweet pudding like breakfast, make a big batch of this and divvy it up in small bowls as a post dinner treat- Adding some of these chocolate chips won’t be the worst idea either. I’ve tried my fair share of cocoa powders and this dark cocoa powder is my absolute favourite- It’s rich, tastier and really meshes well with the peanut butter flavour!
Make this Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Rice Pudding and when you go sleep, know it’s an express train to breakfast the next morning.
- 3/4 cup cooked rice*
- pinch sea salt
- 1 T dark cocoa powder+ (Adjust to desired chocolate taste)
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice (Adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1 scoop Bowflex Body French Vanilla Fitness Shake**
- 1 packet Bowflex Body Peanut Butter Protein+ ***
- 1/2-1 cup dairy free milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)****
- Peanuts, peanut butter chips etc to top
- In a saucepan, add the cooked rice, dark cocoa powder, granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add you milk of choice and bring to a simmer on medium heat. After 5 minutes, add the vanilla protein powder and peanut butter protein and mix until fully incorporated. Add additional milk if desired and continue to simmer until desired thickness. Remove from heat. If eating the pudding warm, top with peanuts, peanut butter chips and dig in or allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add the cooked brown rice with the sea salt, dark cocoa and granulated sweetener of choice. Add the dairy free milk and microwave for 1- 2 minutes, watching to ensure it doesn't overflow. Remove from the microwave and stir though the vanilla protein powder and peanut protein until fully incorporated. Add more milk and cook for an extra minute. Remove from microwave. If eating the pudding warm, top with peanuts, peanut butter chips and dig in or allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
- * For a low carb version, use miracle rice
- ** For a vegan version, substitute for a vegan friendly protein powder
- *** Can substitute for peanut flour/PB2
- **** Adjust according to desired texture
- This can also be made in a batch as part of a meal prep
Easy prep breakfast options which taste like dessert? I’ve got you covered!
Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding (Dairy Free, Vegan, Gluten free)
Healthy Tiramisu Rice Pudding (Dairy Free, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Healthy Baklava Overnight Oats (Dairy Free, Vegan, Gluten Free)
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Bowflex Body. Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which help in making The Big Man’s World continue to grow.
PS- If you like desserts for breakfast, stop by Sunday for a new Round up you’d LOVE!
PPS- If you want to win 20 jars of nut butter for you AND 2 friends AND a supplement voucher AND other goodies, make sure you’ve signed up to the newsletter going out this weekend- All the details will be there!
Do you currently take any supplements?
What are your favourite desserts? I’m hoping to recreate them in creative ways so I’m all game!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld