Just three minutes and four ingredients are needed to make this amazing, dense and filling English muffin which tastes like banana bread! Naturally gluten-free, paleo and grain-free, there is a tested vegan version. Don’t use a microwave? There is an oven option too!
“Omg. Arman. These are like bricks.”
Alexis is as complimentary and that cliche high school nurse who gave two hoots about your well-being.
Actually, she actually WAS being complimentary.
I love bread, rolls and English muffins. It doesn’t phase me if it is white, wholegrain or rye- All are delicious and depending on their texture, a dash of butter is all they’ll need to satisfy me. What am I NOT a fan of? Those light/airy bread that weigh as much as a piece of gum and tear when you attempt to spread butter on it. These kinds of bread are anything but filling and I’d easily need an extra loaf to satisfy me. This is why I rarely buy supermarket loaves…
Unless I haven’t done my washing and need a substitute pillow.
This is why I’m a fan of prepping a batch of my homemade microwave English Muffins and freezing them. Whether they are my original base or my pumpkin version, they are a fantastic snack to have on hand. Whether you choose to eat them on their on (they are flavorful and delicious as they are!), topped with nut butter or as many of you have done (thank you for tagging me on Instagram or emailing me your pictures!), used as sandwich bread!
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had a plethora of bananas which were being made into no-bake blondies, cake cookies and hidden in these brownies and these blondies. Well- The banana is trying to pimp themselves out even more by nestling themselves into muffins- English muffins. Not just any muffins though- English muffins which taste like banana bread!
These Microwave banana bread English Muffins are dense, filling and take just three minutes to whip up- Depending on the brand of microwave you have! Bonus? They only need four ingredients! These banana bread English muffins are the perfect FILLING snack to have or you even make it a meal- Pimp it up like a sweet or hybrid sandwich or have it with some eggs for a well-rounded breakfast! Naturally gluten free and paleo, there is also a tested vegan. As with all my microwave creations, this has been tested in the oven too.
For those who want a sweeter English muffin or one which can be eaten as is, feel free to add one to two teaspoons of sweetener of choice. I personally prefer the natural sweetness of the mashed banana paired with the coconut flour.
Make these microwave Banana Bread English Muffins and the next time if someone says your bread products are like rocks- Thank them.
It’s a compliment. (Alexis also ate it cold).
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 large egg/1 large egg white (Can sub for 1 flax egg)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice*
- 1-2 tsp granulated sweetener of choice (optional)**
- For the microwave version
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the mashed banana and egg and mix very well. Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed.
- Spray a cereal bowl with cooking spray and pour the batter into it. Microwave for at least 3 minutes, or until the centre comes out completely clean.
- Remove and let stand for 1 minute before slicing in half, toasting and topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the centre comes out clean with a fork/toothpick.
- * Depending on the consistency, you may need more.
- ** Only add if you want a sweeter English muffin
- Please note the variation in microwave times- I tried using 2 different ones and mine only needed 3 minutes, but another needed close to 7 minutes.
- These are perfect to be bulk cooked and frozen and simply thawed before consumption- It's best to slice in half before freezing.
1 minute Blueberry Muffin (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Pumpkin English Muffin (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
1 Minute Vanilla Cake (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Do you prefer your bread dense and like a rock or like a silly Angel food cake?
Do you like your banana bread overtly or subtly sweet?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld