These healthy no bake peanut butter breakfast blondies are thick, chewy and are the answer to dessert for breakfast! Quick, easy and deceptively filling, these no bake blondies are naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, refined sugar and come with a peanut free and paleo option!
I’m in a chipper mood.
Very chipper mood.
Actually, scrap that.
I hate the word ‘chipper’. I feel like I should be saying that in the era of Downton Abby with the word ‘poppycock’ written across my forehead.
I’m in a……good mood? Positive mode? Beyonce mood? Rio opening ceremony mood?
It’s been a strange couple of months. I haven’t really discussed it much on the blog, but I’ve been feeling a little out of character, and not my old self. It was only until I properly spoke about it with a good friend that it really hit home. Safe to say, I’ve been making amends and putting things into perspective. As such, I already feel excited and hopeful that the old self has returned properly.
Hello from the other side.
When going through tough times or weird situations, I think as humans, we all approach it differently. For some, they are open and honest with those closest to them. To others, they try to keep it to themselves and keep it hidden from everyone. There are others who merely brush it under the rug. I think I fall into the latter two categories which in turn, has turned out to be the least effective way.
Over the last couple of days, I’ve been more open with a special few and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It’s progress, and I couldn’t be more
Anyway, enough deep and meaningful writing.
With the end of summer coming up, we need to take advantage of our cheaper gas and electricity prices! We need to keep our ovens in hibernation JUST a little bit longer. As such, we’ll be celebrating with another no-bake recipe, this time with a peanut butter twist. When I was in New York, I tried the most delicious peanut butter blondie which was layered like a BOSS-
Bottom layer- A thick and chewy peanut butter bar.
Middle layer- Crushed and whole roasted peanuts,
Top layer- A peanut butter fudge frosting.
Clearly, I had to recreate it with a healthy spin AND with a focus on my favorite meal of the day!
Off topic, but my mum claims to be ‘Australianised’, but she still speaks with a Persian/English accent. It’s so funny.
“Arman, es-stop (stop) with all the peanut butter recipes. Vhat (what) the hell.”
She’s a little rude.
Anyway, let’s make these peanut butter be-lon-dies (blondies) vich (which) are no bake and hel-e-thy (healthy).
These healthy no bake peanut butter blondies have been designed for breakfast and WILL be a morning meal staple. They have a solid balance of protein, fiber, healthy fats and slow releasing carbohydrates, perfect to power you through the morning before lunch! Unlike traditional blondies, these blondies have no butter, oil, flour or granulated sugar, but you’d never be able to tell- They taste THAT good! They also have an amazing texture- Thick and chewy bar layer with a soft and fudgy frosting on top which is as though you are eating dessert!
Similarly, just because it’s acceptable for breakfast does NOT mean you can’t enjoy them other times of the day- Snack, dessert or even a post workout treat? It all counts! Depending on which combination of ingredients you use, this recipe is naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free and grain free!
HACK! Allergic to peanut butter and/or paleo? You can totally make this peanut free! Swap out the peanut butter for drippy almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter. Protein-wise, this works great with this vegan protein powder, this casein protein powder, and this paleo friendly option!
Make these healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Breakfast Blondies and per-lease (please) make these for be-rek-e-fast (breakfast).
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten free, if needed)*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (See above recipe card for my recommendations)- Optional
- Granulated sweetener of choice**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (can sub for another nut butter/nut free spread- See above post for options)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (sub for honey or maple syrup for paleo option)
- 1 T + milk of choice***
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup whole peanuts (optional)
- 2 scoop of protein powder (60-64 grams)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- Milk of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1-2 granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminium foil and set aside. For thicker blondies, use a loaf pan. For thinner blondies, feel free to use a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flours, protein powder, cinnamon and granulated sweetener and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your peanut butter with the brown rice syrup (or maple/honey). Whisk in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
- For a more soft and fudgy blondie, add milk of choice until a relatively thick batter is formed. For a firm and chewy blondie, add milk of choice only if needed to desired thickness. Transfer to lined baking tray and press firmly in place. Top with crushed and whole peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm. Once firm, add frosting of choice and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to firm up before slicing.
- Mix protein powder with peanut butter until a crumbly texture remains. Using a tablespoon, add milk of choice until a VERY thick batter is formed.
- Melt your peanut butter with coconut oil. For a sweet frosting, add granulated sweetener of choice and mix until combine. Add cinnamon and top blondies until set.
- * Sub for almond flour for paleo option. Alternatively, you can use one cup TOTAL of coconut flour (omit the 1/4 cup coconut flour).
- ** If protein powder is sweetened, you can omit OR if you don't use protein powder, adjust accordingly.
- *** Depending on the blend of flours you use, you may need less or more. Adjust accordingly.
- Peanut Butter Blondies are best kept in the refrigerator, but are freezer friendly too.
Do you usually bottle up feelings or are you open about them?
What is your favorite end of summer treat/food?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld