A fun and unique twist on the classic rice crispy treat, this healthy 3 ingredient marble rice crispy treats have the best of both worlds- Original and chocolate! A simple prep and minimal mess is required to whip up these gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free snack treats which take minutes to make!
You guys, I’m heading to Los Angeles tomorrow.
It’s been bittersweet packing- I’m excited for the next leg of my adventure, but I’m sad to leave behind fun memories from the city, the food scene and of course, the people.
Today’s recipe is dedicated to Alexis whom I made this recipe for multiple times. It first started with the original 3 ingredient rice crispy treats, which then morphed into two other versions. Not to mention this is one of ‘everyday’ snacks, so I’d always whip up a double batch.
It’s also…..WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAY!
Before we get into the recipe, let’s see what I ate Saturday…….
Guess how many times she ate these treats?
Too many who count.
It’s been a blessing because since being here, I’ve made two variations of the original– The cake batter version and recently, the chocolate version. As my final parting with Alexis (until she visits next year), I made one which had the best of both so there is no favorites- A healthy 3 ingredient marble rice crispy treat snack!
These healthy 3 Ingredient marble rice crispy treats literally take less 10 minutes to whip up and are the most simple, easy snack to have on hand- With a two-toned twist! Unlike traditional rice crispy treats, both sides of the ‘marble’ don’t have the typical rice crispy treat ingredients- No marshmallows, no butter, no oil and no margarine. It uses nut butter and a sticky natural sweetener to bind them all together which results in the BEST texture. They are also suitable for my vegan, gluten free and dairy free friends!
HACK! I don’t care if I sound like a broken record, but you need to enjoy this out of the fridge, or even better, slightly thawed from the freezer. The texture….Look, I can’t explain it, just DO IT.
Make these healthy 3 Ingredient marble rice crispy treat and let’s stop rice crispy racism.
- 1 serving of my original 3 ingredient rice crispy treats
- 1 serving of my 3 ingredient chocolate rice crispy treats
- Prepare an extra large baking dish and coat it with spray or line it with baking paper and set aside.
- Prepare both batches of rice crispy treats in two separate bowls. Once done, line the bottom of the baking dish with one of the rice crispy treats. Press firmly into place before adding the second bowl on top. Press firmly and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Marble rice crispy treats can be kept at room temperature for up to a week in a covered container. They are freezer friendly too.