This 5-minute no-bake crumbly cookie dough recipe is one of my all-time favorite desserts. Sweet, salty, buttery, and delicious, this egg-free dough is as irresistible as raw chocolate chip cookie dough!
Show me a person who doesn’t like to taste cookie dough, and I will show you a liar!
This crumbly cookie dough is a little different. Inspired by the crumbly topping on the apple pie or crisp, it’s been given a no-cook and ready-to-eat makeover. This edible crumbly cookie dough will satisfy all your sweet cravings!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s 100% safe! Don’t worry about the germs and infections from raw eggs and uncooked flour. Here, I demonstrate a simple way to make a safe, edible dough.
- Your favorite chocolate chip crumble! We LOVE chocolate! This recipe uses the chocolatey blasts from chocolate chips to give texture and flavor bombs to your cookie dough.
- FAST! Perfect for last-minute requests or wishes! Whip up this quick surprise for you and your loved ones in under 10 minutes.
Make this quick snack with your humble pantry ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- Butter. Softened and unsalted. If you use salted butter, don’t add additional salt.
- Sugar. I have used the combination of light brown and granulated sugar to create a depth of flavor and texture.
- Milk. Dairy or non-dairy, the choice is yours.
- Vanilla extract. Recreating the chocolate chip dough? You cannot do it without vanilla!
- Plain flour. We’ll heat-treat the flour before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Salt. A must to balance out all the sweet flavors.
- Chocolate chips. You can use milk, white, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips.
How to make crumbly cookie dough
Step 1- Prep your flour. Here’s how you heat treat your flour at home. Place your plain flour in a bowl and seal it with a cling film. Microwave at high power for a minute and 20 seconds. To make it in the oven, spread the flour on a baking tray and bake at 160°C for 5 minutes. Whichever way you heat treat it, cool the flour before using it!
Step 2- Mix butter and sugar. Cream butter and sugar until it fluffs up slightly and becomes lighter.
Step 3- Make the dough. Add vanilla extract and milk to the creamed butter and mix to combine. Gently fold the prepped flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
Step 4- Make the crumbles. Break the dough into crumbles, and enjoy!
Recipe tips and variations
- Watch the milk. Be careful of how much you add. A little more, and it is not crumbly. A little less, and it is too dry!
- Make it ahead. Keep the flour toasted beforehand in a sealed, airtight container and save time for heating and cooling!
- Make with warm flavors. Add a bit of ground cinnamon and nutmeg in the spirit of holiday cheer!
- Mix well! When folding the dough, mix the creamed butter and flour to engage the chemistry and bond the flavors together!
- Make it nutty. Toast some chopped almonds or walnuts with the flour and add extra nuttiness to the cookie dough.
To store. Finish this cookie dough as soon as possible! Until then, refrigerate for 2 to 3 days in a sealed container.
To freeze. To enjoy over a long time, freeze it, and when you want it, let it thaw slowly in the fridge. Give a good mix, and then share and enjoy!
More tasty cookie dough recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
Sure, you can! Make this recipe using coconut oil or vegan butter instead of butter.
Add a little moisture by stirring in a spoonful of milk. Mix well, and you are back on track.
Simple! You can reduce the sugar and add protein powder to the mix. Although to be mindful, it is a dessert recipe, it can’t be truly healthy!
Crumbly Cookie Dough
- Heat treat the flour by microwaving it for 90 seconds or bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with both the white and brown sugar. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Fold through the flour and salt and then the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, break apart the cookie dough into crumbles.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.