These healthy no bake berry bliss bites are the perfect grab and go snack or sweet treat which takes minutes to make! Packed full of fiber and protein, they are also naturally gluten free, vegan, paleo, refined sugar free and come with an option to boost up the protein!
Happy Friday, friends and g’day from LA!
I’m actually writing this on the airplane in Microsoft word because of a frustrating instance, which happened last time I flew! I started working on a post under my WordPress dashboard in ‘draft’ mode, knowing that there was no internet on the flight. Once I left the aircraft and opened up my laptop again, the airport’s wifi was signaled and refreshed my page and voila- BLOG POST GONE.
Not happy, Jan.
Anyway, lesson learned, and there’s no point crying over ghosts of blog posts past.
We’re back at it again with our monthly round up featuring a special ingredient. This month, we’ve gone all festive and chosen cranberries! Not going to lie, I was very pro-cranberry, as in the midst of packing for my move over to California, I still had half a package of mixed blueberries, cranberries and raspberries I had purchased from a fancy fruit and nut store and by fancy, I mean ridiculously expensive.
Lindsay shares with us this Cranberry Clementine Salad and I just want to go have a fiesta, followed by a siesta.
Alexis shares with us these Cranberry Protein Cookies and I feel my (chicken arms) muscles popping bottles in the house.
Sarah shares with us these Cranberry Orange Thumbprint Cookies and she better have saved me 10 for when we hang out.
Julia shares with us this Cranberry Kale Salad with roasted pecans and feta and I think I will make this now…and conveniently forget the kale.
Kylie shares with us this Non-alcoholic Winter Sangria. I might accidentally drop something in it.
In true Arman fashion, I realized I didn’t have a no bake bite recipe which was mostly fruit based. Scrap that- I actually do have a fair few fruit based ones (banana bread and apple cinnamon muffin), but when it came to berries- they somehow fell off the radar. Well, there is no time like the present to make amends and I thank those damn overpriced dried berries for it!
These healthy no bake berry bliss bites are the perfect grab and go snack or hunger quencher, or something to enjoy when the sweet tooth strikes- In a healthy way! They are soft, doughy yet sturdy enough to keep at room temperature or even pack in your pockets (Guilty- Pre-breakfast grocery shopping lifesaver right there!). For all my vegan, gluten free, paleo and dairy free friends out there- This is something which totally fits into your dietary lifestyle! For my protein loving friends, add a scoop of protein to give it more staying power!
HACK! To have evenly dispersed berries throughout, I highly recommend blitzing them before stirring into the batter- You won’t find ridiculous chunks throughout and also you won’t get a shock of those dud berries which are more on the sour side.
Make these healthy no bake berry bliss bites and…..Okay I’ve decided bliss is such a silly word.
I’ll end this here.
Healthy No Bake Berry Bliss Bites
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder I tried a vegan brown rice brand, a paleo egg white brand and a casein blend- Optional
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup mixed berries blended well (I used blueberries, cranberries and raspberries)
- Granulated sweetener of choice**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice I used cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup can sub for honey, agave or brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon + dairy free milk of choice***
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flours, protein powder, salt and granulated sweetener and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with the maple syrup. Whisk in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
- If batter is too thick (it generally is), add a tablespoon of dairy-free milk, until a thick batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour until a thick batter is formed. Stir in dried berries and form into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm.
** My protein powder was sweetened so I omitted but adjust accordingly
*** Depending on the blend of flours you use, you may need less or more. Adjust accordingly.
Bites can be stored at room temperature but best refrigerated.
Ever had technology let you down?
What’s your favorite way to enjoy cranberries?