These healthy no bake chunky monkey bites are packed full of flavor and taste like dessert, but you’d never tell! A quick and easy snack recipe which takes minutes and is suitable for those following a vegan, gluten-free, paleo and dairy free lifestyle!
“My New Year’s resolution is to stop eating chocolate!”
….A statement you’ll never hear coming from my mouth.
Actually, any resolution which involves cutting out a food group or demonises a particular diet would never be on my radar.
Okay, I lied. Kale.
IN 2016, I will eat kale…..once.
There you go.
But in all seriousness, I think many are often guilty of making resolutions involving banning certain food groups or trialling a new diet without much thought or consideration. Initially, there may be some positive results from these actions. However, in the long run, this may lead to a slew of potential setbacks and affects on one’s health.
With this brand new year ahead of us, it’s easy to make goals but sticking to them is the tricky bit. A great starting point would be to focus on what we are putting inside our bodies and we can start with our nutrition. Deprivation or banning certain food groups is pretty much a recipe for disaster so it’s HOW we present them which can make these changes commonplace.
From personal experience, I found setting small, attainable goals to be the ones which have the long-lasting positive effect. There are actually several small goals I made a few years back which are now commonplace to me today- Purely because they were achievable, sustainable and well…..didn’t involve kale or banning chocolate.
I’m thrilled to once again be collaborating with Kohl’s, as part of their #makeyourmove campaign. It’s been both a pleasure and an honor to be working with a brand which promotes a healthy lifestyle for their consumers. Today’s recipe may look sinful but actually, is incredibly healthy and perfect to incorporate into your day-to-day nutrition plan.
These healthy no bake chunky monkey bites are the perfect grab-and-go snack or healthy treat which taste like dessert, but are actually healthy for you! It’s full of fiber, healthy fats, protein and uses fruit to sweeten it naturally! It’s also suitable for those following a paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle!
So where does chunky monkey come into the picture? Let’s showcase it right here-
Banana- Mashed banana in the batter
Fudge chunks- Dairy free chocolate chunks
Walnuts- Crushed walnuts (any nuts can be used here or even omitted!)
Make these healthy no bake chunky monkey bites and here’s to making a move in the right direction this new year!
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Healthy No Bake Chunky Monkey Bites recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
No Bake Chunky Monkey Bites
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour For a paleo option- Use 6 T coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder optional*
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice optional**
- 1/2 cup overripe mashed banana about 1 medium
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice I used almond butter
- 1/4 cup + dairy free milk of choice***
- 2 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoon dairy free chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add in the mashed banana- Mixture should be very crumbly. Add the chocolate chunks and walnuts and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the nut butter. Pour wet mixture into the flour/banana mixture until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add the dairy free milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form into bite sized balls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
** Adjust accordingly- I omitted because I preferred the sweetness from the fruit/protein powder
*** Adjust accordingly- You may need more depending on the protein powder and/or flour you use.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.
Are you a fan of kale?
How will you #makeyourmove in 2016? #Makeyourmove to the kitchen.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.