These healthy smoothie recipes come together in less than a minute and come in over 40 flavors! Filling, nutritious, and EASY to make, they are perfect for breakfast or part of a weight loss diet!
As someone who is always on the go, my diet has often come second to work.
Since starting a healthier diet, eating regular meals has been my one big change. I used to always skip breakfast and never snack, and that always backfired- I’d be starving my dinner time and I’d overeat, which would then leave me full come the next day.
Luckily, a secret trick has helped me stick to a healthy diet without skipping meals and keeping my energy levels up- smoothies!
What is a smoothie?
A smoothie is a drink made up of blended fruits, vegetables, and a liquid base. These are often juice, milk, or water. They are a filling and nutritious breakfast option or something to snack on between meals. It’s also a popular meal option for many weight loss plans, thanks to the thick texture and high water content.
The beauty of a smoothie is that it can easily be customized in a plethora of ways and requires nothing but a simple blender to prepare.
How to make a healthy smoothie?
- Liquid– Milk, water, or fruit juice.
- Frozen element– Ice or frozen fruit are the most popular, but frozen yogurt or ice cream can also be added.
- Sweeteners– If you don’t add frozen fruit, you would use maple syrup, honey, or even simple syrup.
- Mix-ins– Cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese… the possibilities are endless!
In a high speed add all your smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth. Once smooth, transfer into a tall glass or smoothie bottle and enjoy immediately.
What are the healthiest things to put into smoothies?
For many people, smoothies are a meal in itself. Using a combination of fiber, protein, and healthy fats will ensure you remain fuller for longer. Here are some healthy ideas to add to your smoothie.
- Fruit– Fresh or frozen fruit. Berries, pineapple, apples, bananas, mango, coconut and dates.
- Vegetables– Spinach, kale, carrots, and even frozen cauliflower add extra nutrients, color, and barely add any flavors.
- Nuts and seeds– Peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Nut butters and seed butters are also fantastic, especially peanut butter or almond butter.
- Dairy– Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and even quark.
- Protein powder– Add a protein boost with a scoop of protein powder (or make protein shakes).
- Grains– Rolled oats, quinoa flakes, or barley flakes.
Homemade frozen smoothie packs
Smoothie packs are pre-packaged including everything that would found in a typical smoothie. All you do is blend it all together when you want to enjoy a smoothie.
Skip the expensive store-bought kinds and make your own. Simply add your favorite frozen fruit, vegetables, ice blocks and/or frozen milk blocks and keep in the freezer until ready to drink!
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Freshly made smoothies should be enjoyed immediately, however, they will keep well for up to eight hours refrigerated. Be sure to whisk the smoothie in case of any separation.
- To freeze: Smoothies can be frozen in ‘blocks’ and stored in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to enjoy, remove the smoothie block from the freezer and re-blend it until smooth. To thin it out, you can add some water, milk, or juice.
These are the BEST smoothie recipes to help you maintain a healthy diet and any weight loss goals you may have. You’ll find fruit smoothies, smoothies without bananas, breakfast smoothies and more. Having plenty of flavors helps keep things interesting and exciting, and we have over 40 unique smoothie combinations to try. Making a smoothie should be easy and NOT time consuming, and these recipes prove just that- they’ve been made thousands of times and have 5 star reviews!
Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie
Keto smoothie bowl
Protein smoothies (40 flavors!)
Almond butter smoothie
Oat milk smoothie
Low calorie smoothies (6 flavors!)
Coconut milk smoothie
Almond milk smoothie
Peanut butter smoothie
Mixed berry smoothie
Banana breakfast smoothie
Frequently Asked Questions
Drinking a smoothie every day is a fantastic way to get some nutrients, fiber, and protein in your diet. It’s quick to make and doesn’t leave you feeling heavy.
Smoothies for breakfast are a fantastic idea, especially when made correctly (a balance of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and carbohydrates). They are also the perfect breakfast for those who need something quick and nutritious.
Protein powder, iron, zinc, and B12 supplements can all be added to smoothies, adding no flavor.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes (5 Star rated!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water or juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients and blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Thank you so much for this valuable information.
This recipe really helped me in my diet! Thanks a lot!!!