Soft, chewy and delicious protein-packed cookies made with white chocolate with macadamia nuts to create the perfect filling snack or healthy dessert! Unlike traditional cookies, these contain NO grains, butter, oil or eggs, yet you’d never tell- They are also gluten free, keto, vegan, dairy free and come with a tested paleo option!
White Chocolate Protein Cookies Recipe
I remember when I first started sharing recipes on here, I tried to incorporate the white chocolate and macadamia marriage in as many things as possible.
I wholeheartedly blame Subway for it….and their 3 for $2 cookie special I treated myself to on many occasions during high school and university.
…It was only a matter of time before they got some protein added to it and be given a grain-free makeover!
These cookies are probably my favorite protein cookie to date and one I’ve made my friends sample too. In fact, just before I left California, I made my Indian buffet buddy Cassie sample it too. I mean, she is a protein cookie guru so if she gave it the seal of approval, you KNOW it’s a winner.
Protein Cookies Recipe
I’ve mentioned on here before, but I LOVE making my protein cookies.
The market right now is saturated with protein cookies and while I’ve tried a myriad of them, their ingredient list is enough to put me off. Sure, they taste decent but when you can’t even pronounce two-thirds of the additions in it- No thanks, I’ll make my own.
How to make white chocolate protein cookies
These healthy white chocolate and macadamia nut protein cookies are chewy, delicious and literally take under 20 minutes to make, from plate to…mouth? Unlike traditional cookies with this amazing texture, they contain NO butter, oil, grains or sugar!
Coconut flour lends an amazing texture, a cross between a cake and a cookie, which only amplifies with the vanilla protein powder. They are also naturally gluten free, grain free, vegan, dairy free (thanks to these amazing baking chips) and come with a tested paleo option!
Tips and Tricks for PERFECT White Chocolate Macadamia Protein Cookies
I tried several times to make this using my standby homemade white chocolate chunks which are paleo friendly. Unfortunately, they did NOT come out whatsoever. If you opt for the paleo option, follow the instructions for adding in the white chunks, which will be at the VERY end.
Make these healthy Grain Free White Chocolate and Macadamia nut protein cookies and seriously, stink eye the store bought ones!
Healthy White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Protein Cookies
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 32-34 grams
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter can sub for any nut butter, but cashew is best
- 1 tablespoon sticky sweetener of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon natural butter extract optional
- 2 tablespoon milk of choice * See notes
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips dairy free, if necessary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or baking tray with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your coconut flour with your protein powder and sea salt and mix until there are no clumps.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in your vanilla extract and butter extract. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry mixture and mix until a crumbly texture remains. Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed. Stir through the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips (NOT for paleo option).
- Form the batter into a ball and transfer to the lined cookie sheet. Press firmly and spread out into a cookie shape. Top with extra chips and nuts and bake for 8-12 minutes- 8 minutes for extra soft and chewy or 12 or so for a firmer cookie.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before digging in!