Apple cinnamon energy bites are made with dried apples, oatmeal and loaded with cinnamon flavor! Packed with protein and made without added sugar, these energy bites are the perfect energy-boosting snack! Gluten-free and vegan.
With apple season in full swing, there’s no time like the present to make some healthy snacks with some apple goodness in them.
These apple cinnamon energy bites taste like a soft and doughy apple cinnamon muffin, minus the need for baking! Simply throw all your ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and voila- instant energy bites!
Unlike traditional energy bites, these wholesome healthy snacks are completely gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites Ingredients
You only need 5 ingredients to make these apple cinnamon energy bites!
- Dates- Use Medjool dates for easier blending. If you use standard dates, be sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes in warm water.
- Dried apples- 100% unsweetened dried apples are best.
- Rolled oats- Use certified gluten-free rolled oats to keep them gluten-free.
- chopped apple pieces- Sliced fresh apple pieces, preferably granny smith or pink lady apples.
How to make no bake apple cinnamon energy bites
Step 1- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all your ingredients, minus the dates, and blend until a crumbly texture remains.
Step 2- Add in your dates and blend again, regularly scraping down the sides to ensure the dates are continually being mixed well. Continue blending until a thick batter remains.
Step 3- Transfer the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Lightly wet your hands and form small balls od dough. Place the balls of dough on a lined plate or sheet.
Step 4- Place the plate of energy bites into the refrigerator and allow to chill until firm.
Storing apple cinnamon energy bites
Apple Cinnamon energy balls will keep well at room temperature, in a sealed container or covered completely. They will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
You can also refrigerate the energy balls! Cover them then place them in the fridge, and they will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks. This is perfect to prepare a batch to have on hand, and to snack on whenever hunger calls!
Can you freeze apple cinnamon energy bites?
Prepare a double or triple batch of energy bites, and store one in the freezer to enjoy at a later time!
To freeze apple cinnamon energy bites, wrap them in parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag or shallow container. The frozen apple cinnamon bites will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
To enjoy from the freezer, thaw completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
More healthy No Bake recipes
No Bake Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your medjool dates and blend until thick and pulverized.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and blend until fully combined. Scrap down the sides to ensure the mixture is fully combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Using your hands, make 24 small balls. Place the balls on a lined plate and refrigerate until firm.