Just one bowl and FIVE minutes is needed to whip up these delicious, no bake double chocolate cookie dough bites! Paleo, Vegan, gluten free, dairy free AND refined sugar free, snacking never tasted so good (or healthy!)
Paleo Double Chocolate Cookie Dough
Notice a trend? Recently there has been a couple of recipes which are paleo friendly. (And also subconsciously a number of other dietary groups too- Grain free, Vegan and Vegetarian friendly!)
No, I am not going Paleo- Ironic after yesterday’s post. There is good (and humerous) reasoning behind it- but you’ll have to wait until Thursday for that!
I swear I must internally be American. Not only am I obsessed with New York City but I’m obsessed with cookie dough. Although I was very late on the bandwagon, I’m in full fledged ’embrace it ALL’ mode.
What started out at as the Nut Butter Breakfast Cookie dough (as an excuse to eat cookie dough for breakfast) and then the Paleo Breakfast Cookie dough I trialled in honour of a blend. I mentioned in that post how I had a double chocolate variation I needed to share- and today is the day.
Paleo friendly chocolate is pretty darn easy. Coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey to preferred sweetness. I’m a huge fan of the dark chocolate (i.e. 85%+ variety) so I tend to use minimal amounts of the honey. I once omitted it completely and it was…..let’s end the story there.
Chocolate for breakfast is nice but double chocolate is even better. No, this recipe isn’t false advertising. You use chocolate in it twice and it tastes like cookie dough. Hell, if you add more coconut milk, it can actually be exactly like crumbly cookie dough…just don’t eat it in public.
Paleo Double Chocolate Cookie Dough (Based off my Paleo Cookie Dough)
Paleo Double Chocolate Cookie DoughCookie dough for breakfast which is paleo friendly, vegan friendly and gluten free- double the chocolate to boot!
- 4 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
- Paleo chocolate broken up into pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar/1 T norbu natural sweetener/2 tsp native natural sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk depending on brand of coconut flour used
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the coconut flour to avoid clumps. Add the sea salt and sweetener of choice and mix until well combined. Mix in the paleo chocolate and the nut butter of choice.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until a 'dough' consistency is formed. Shape into bite sized balls and set aside.
- Spread a plate with the cocoa powder and and roll the balls to cover completely. Eat immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
NotesLike the original Paleo Breakfast cookie dough, these are great to store in the freezer and simply remove 30 minutes before consumption. If making in batches, it’s best tasting coming out of the fridge but can be kept at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This week will be final week of the Flashback edition of Spill it, Sundays- next week, we will do a Flashback edition of OTHER blogger posts- a great idea by the cheese hater Meg. Don’t forget if you highlight a recipe, add that to the link up too- they will be added to the Pinterest board!
Have you ever made your own chocolate before?
Have you ever incorporated chocolate in your breakfast?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.