Copycat Lindt Truffles
A copycat version of the Lindt Chocolate Truffle- the texture, flavour and melt in the mouth perfection by those amazing chocolatiers. Gluten free and Vegan too!
- 40 grams gluten free oat flour*
- 40 grams vegan friendly and gluten free cracker crumbs*
- 40 grams sweetvegan friendly and gluten free biscuit crumbs*
- 395 grams reduced fat coconut milk can sub for condensed milk if not vegan
- 190 grams mild tasting nut butter almond, cashew or hazelnut works well- I used hazelnut
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 T cocoa powder optional- for a more chocolate interior
- Milk/Dark chocolate chunks melted
Line a deep baking pan or 9 x 9 inch cake tin with baking paper. Set Aside
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, cracker crumbs and sweet biscuit crumbs and mix well.
In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk, nut butter and coconut oil until fully incorporated. Add the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and ensure it is well combined.
Pour the mixture into the lined baking pan and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set.
In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chunks. While it is melting, form the truffle mixture into small, bite sized balls. Line two plates with baking paper.
Once chocolate is melted, dip each ball completely in the chocolate and set them on the baking paper to harden. Once chocolate is hardened, serve or refrigerate for optimum freshness.