A delicious, healthy and nutritious granola recipe which has hints of espresso thanks to ground coffee added in the baking process! This granola is perfect for snacking or for breakfast and is gluten free, refined sugar free and has a vegan version!
Happy Sunday folks!
Two. Granola recipes coming your way.
Five. Pancake recipes coming your way.
Stolen borrowed recipes from my mum coming your way.
Before you think I went on some successful flipping binge with the ‘cakes, hear me out. I had some friends over a couple of weekends ago and put out the question ‘what flavour pancakes would you like’ and threw them a list of flavours. Thinking I was some smart chicken, I thought they’d all go for the same flavour- the chocolate based one. The other six or so suggestions- I thought would sound too obscure or fancy schmancy for them.
They each suggested a different flavour of choice.
There was no one to blame but myself. I should never have put it out there and just made one kind.
Because I’m a man of my word, I took it upon myself to do just that- whip up three different flavours of pancakes (I already had 2 in the archives to post). There was one fine caveat though- These pancakes would not be eaten fresh from the pan. Nope. They would be eaten post photo shoot.
I take that back. 90% of it would be eaten post photo shoot. We all needed a taste test before it makes it on the blog- because recipe authenticity is a real thing here.
The biggest lesson here wasn’t offering 6 flavours of pancakes to choose from. The biggest lesson was- Thank goodness for granola.
Thank goodness I made granola because my friends needed sustenance while I took my sweet time photographing three different pancakes. Let’s just say a solid hour later, my friends didn’t hate me- and I have to thank the granola for it.
I made this granola for some random snacking throughout the week and it’s safe to say that won’t be happening because it’s now finished. I take that as a sign that it tastes pretty darn epic- that, or my friends just ate it for the sake of it.
The combination of adding coffee granules for a that bitter goodness we crave was one of my more genius ideas. I still had a decent amount of hazelnut butter after making these cookies. Sticking to the hazelnut theme, I decided to add hazelnuts as my nut to mix through. Very few nuts pair well with coffee but hazelnut is one which does- especially when you add some chocolate too. Before you think this granola is bitter or obscure- the coffee hit is subtle.
Unlike the stink eye(s) my friends were giving me while I photographed their breakfast.
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 T instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 3/4 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. Line a large oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, instant coffee granules, salt and chopped hazelnuts.
- In a small saucepan, heat the hazelnut butter with the honey until it just begins to bubble. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and combine until fully incorporated.
- Spread out the granola mixture evenly on the lined oven tray and bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on the oven) until the edges start to go slightly golden. Remove from the oven and stir through the chocolate chips. Place back in the oven and continue to bake until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the whole hazelnuts. Once cooked, break up the granola and store in an airtight container.
- * For a vegan version, sub for maple syrup
- This granola can be kept for up to 4 weeks in an airtight container...but that's not possible. It's too good.
How about some other epic granola recipes?
Check out these epic ones below!
How are your pancake flipping skills?
Food bloggers, how long do you take to shoot a recipe?
Does granola cure all hunger?Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @thebigmansworld
Instagram – > thebigmansworld
Facebook – > thebigmansworld
Pinterest -> thebigmansworld
Bloglovin’ -> thebigmansworld