This easy keto granola recipe is the perfect snack or healthy breakfast chock full of giant clusters! Made with nuts and shredded coconut, it’s naturally sweetened and easy to prepare! Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo and Low Carb.
Granola is something that you can easily snack on and is simple to whip up. While traditional granola is made with oats and butter, I love the alternative low carb version- Keto friendly granola! The healthy fats from the nuts and no sugar needed make it the perfect snack to enjoy when hunger strikes!
Friends, this really is the best keto granola recipe you’ll ever need!
Is granola keto?
I often get asked can you eat granola on a keto diet. The answer is yes- Depending on how you prepare it and what ingredients are used.
My version is 100% keto friendly. It is made with nuts, shredded coconut and is held together with almond meal and sweetened with keto maple syrup.
How to make keto granola
Keto granola is ridiculously simple to make. Start by preheating the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, so it will be easy to remove once the granola has cooled.
In a large mixing bowl, add your favorite nuts, shredded coconut, and almond meal, and mix very well, until combined. If your nuts are unsalted, add a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Then, you’ll add in your keto maple syrup and mix well, until fully incorporated and all the dry ingredients are covered in it. It may seem like a small amount, but a little goes a long way.
You’ll then transfer the keto granola mixture onto the lined tray. Using a rubber spatula, spread out the granola in an even layer.
Bake the granola for around 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. The granola may seem soft, but it will firm up once cooling. Once the edges have gone golden brown, remove it from the oven.
Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking tray. Once it has cooled, use your hands to break apart the granola into your desired size. I prefer clusters, so tend to keep them on the larger size.
Storing keto granola
Store your keto granola in a sealed container. This will ensure it stays crispy, fresh and perfect to enjoy anytime.
Storing the granola this way will keep fresh for at least 1 month (however mine NEVER lasts this long!).
Can I substitute the keto maple syrup?
Keto maple syrup is the necessary binder, as it is keto friendly and completely sugar free.
Can I use any kind of nuts?
The beauty of this easy keto granola recipe is that ANY nuts can be used!
I prefer using a combination of pecans, walnuts, cashews, and almonds, as I love variety, but feel free to use more or less of whatever you prefer or have on hand!
Tips and Tricks for PERFECT Keto Granola
- Do not over-bake the granola- It will continue to cook as it is cooling
- Ensure you mix halfway through, otherwise, the granola will be soft and limp
- Do not add extra syrup, even if it looks like it may need it- It provides ample sweetness and the right amount of liquid for the granola to form clusters
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking it apart.
- If you’d like to enjoy this granola for breakfast, break them into smaller clusters
What to enjoy this keto granola with
I personally love snacking on it, but it is so versatile!
- Ice cream- Add a couple of handfuls to keto ice cream for some added crunch
- Milk- Pour over some dairy-free milk and enjoy a bowl for breakfast!
- Crunch Bars- These are PERFECT to use in my keto crunch bar recipe
- Trail mix- Toss through some chocolate chips or other seeds/nuts and have an on-the-go snack or lunch box treat!
More healthy keto snacks you’ll enjoy
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your keto maple syrup and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the granola mixture on the lined tray and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Granola is done when the edges have gone golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, before breaking apart into desired size.