Just started a keto diet and overwhelmed by what to have for breakfast? These keto breakfast ideas are your answer! Over 40 EASY and DELICIOUS keto breakfast recipes that take less than 5 minutes to make, including something that needs just 3 ingredients!
Having a variety of meal options is key to sticking to any sort of diet.
There is an incorrect assumption that keto breakfasts lack variety and involve not much more than eggs. Sure, eggs are a fantastic option, as they are virtually carb free, but there are SO much more other things you eat that will not kick you out of ketosis.
A keto breakfast should be easy to make, taste delicious, and use few ingredients. There are many options that that can be prepared in advance, but most take less than five minutes to make.
How do you make a keto friendly breakfast?
There are plenty of keto breakfast recipes to choose from, but the most simple is a simple egg and avocado combination. It comes together in less than five minutes and is the perfect meal to ease those who are just starting a low-carb diet. Here is how to make it.
- Low carb bread– the base for this simple breakfast. You can use homemade keto bread or any store bought option, like Aldi or Oroweat.
- Avocado– The riper the avocado, the creamier it will be and much easier to spread. You can also use guacamole for a flavor variation.
- Eggs– Soft boiled is my preferred method of cooking them, but boiled, fried, or scrambled also work.
- Salt and pepper– to taste.
Start by toasting your bread. Once toasted, mash half your avocado on top of it. Add your cooked egg and season with salt and pepper.
Storing, freezing, and meal prepping instructions
- To store: Bread, avocado, and boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. If the avocado is on the riper side, it’s best to consume it within five days.
- To freeze: The bread is the only element of this breakfast that can be frozen. Place leftover slices in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to six months.
- To meal prep: Boil five eggs and set aside five slices of keto bread. Mash together two avocados and squeeze half a lemon in it to prevent it from browning. When ready to enjoy, simply toast the bread, spread on the avocado and slice a boiled egg in half and place it on top.
What can I eat in the morning on a keto diet?
Here are the BEST Keto breakfast recipes and ideas to help you seamlessly transition into a keto diet or to add some variety in your meals. You’ll find low carb bread recipes, cereal, baked goods, smoothies, and more. The key to sticking to any diet is to have lots of variety, and we have over 40 easy and delicious breakfast ideas for you to try. Breakfast time can be a little repetitive, but these recipes prove otherwise- they have been made plenty of times and all have thousands of 5 star reviews!
Keto Breakfast Ideas
Frequently Asked Questions
Scrambled eggs are a fantastic, keto friendly breakfast option. It’s full of protein and healthy fats, especially if it’s made with extra heavy cream and butter.
Bacon and eggs are a wonderful combination to eat on a keto diet, provided they don’t have any added ingredients that have hidden carbs. Be careful when choosing which bacon to eat, as some have added sugar and/or maple syrup.
There are plenty of keto breakfast recipes that aren’t eggs. In fact, except for the recipe shared in this post, none of the other recipes use eggs as their starring role.
Keto breakfast recipes (5 Star rated!)
- 1 slice keto bread * See notes
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Toast your keto bread. While it is toasting soft boil your egg.
- Once the bread is toasted, mash the avocado on top. Slice the soft boiled egg in half and place them on top of the avocado toast. Season with salt and pepper.