Just started a keto diet or in a dinner rut? These keto dinner ideas are your answer! Over 40 EASY and delicious keto dinner recipes that take less than 20 minutes to make, including something to kick start your first day!
The most important aspect to sticking to any diet is having variety.
Most people assume that a keto diet lacks variety and is very repetitive. In some situations, this is true, as there is quite the laundry list of ingredients that are not keto friendly. However, with some creativity and some quick planning, you can enjoy something different every single night and with minimal effort.
Keto dinners are the best meal in terms of variety, ease, and deliciousness. They can be prepared in advance but are easy and quick enough to prepare immediately before serving…and in less than 20 minutes!
What should I eat on my first day of keto?
There are plenty of keto dinner recipes to choose from but the easiest is this Italian style dinner. It comes together in less than 15 minutes and is an elegant and flavorful dish. Here is how to make it.
- Chicken breast fillets– Skinless chicken breast fillets. If your fillets are larger ones, you can slice them lengthways.
- Salt and pepper– To sprinkle on each side.
- Olive oil or butter– To fry the chicken. I prefer using butter, but olive oil is another flavorful option.
- Garlic– Freshly minced.
- Chicken broth– Also known as chicken stock. Use a good quality stock as the flavor really shines through.
- Heavy cream– Also known as double cream or thickened cream. This forms the base of the creamy sauce.
- Parmesan cheese– Freshly grated, not shelf stable.
- Spinach– Baby spinach.
- Sundried tomatoes– Optional, but add plenty of flavor without excess carbs!
Start by seasoning both sides of the chicken breast fillets. Next, add some oil or butter into a skillet and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once the chicken is no longer pink, remove them from the skillet.
Now, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the chicken broth. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes until it has thickened. Stir through the heavy cream and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and stir through the parmesan cheese, spinach and sundried tomatoes.
Finally, add the chicken back into the skillet and let everything simmer for five more minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
Storing, freezing and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooled dinner in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either microwave for 30-second increments or stovetop.
What can I eat for dinner on keto?
Here are the best keto dinner recipes and ideas to help you stay on track with your low carb diet. You’ll find chicken dinners, seafood dinners, Italian food, casseroles, one pot dinners, stir-fries, and more. Variety is the spice of life and we have over 40 easy and delicious dinner ideas for you to try. Dinner time can be a little tricky, but these recipes prove otherwise- thousands of people have tried and tested them and all have 5 star reviews!
Keto Dinner Ideas
Stuffed chicken breast
Egg roll in a bowl
Mac and cheese
Pan seared salmon
Beef and broccoli
Sweet chili salmon
Frequently Asked Questions
Lazy keto is adhering to strictly keeping net carbs under 20 grams per day. The ‘lazy’ aspect comes from loosely tracking the macronutrients and/or carbohydrates.
The top 10 keto foods are salmon, chicken, avocado, nuts (especially macadamia nuts), eggs, olive oil, butter, cheese, steak, and almond butter.
Broccoli is a fantastic keto friendly vegetable, as it has very few net carbs. Per one cup serving, there are just 4 grams of net carbs.
All the keto dinner recipes provided in this post are fantastic meal prep options. Each recipe yields 4-6 servings and can easily be doubled. Store portions of each serving in a sealable container and they will keep for up to five days.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Keto Dinner Ideas recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Keto Dinner Recipes (5 Star Rated!)
- 4 small chicken breast fillets skinless and boneless (6 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to a large non-stick skillet and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast fillets and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once the chicken is no longer pink, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the hot skillet and cook for 30-seconds. Add the chicken broth and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until it starts to reduce. Add the heavy cream and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, stir through the parmesan cheese, baby spinach, and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken back. Let everything simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the chicken immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
These meatballs were quick, easy and amazing! I’m always searching for great MBs. Not sure if I’ll ever use another recipe again. Much appreciated.
I do love the meatballs, we make them weekly!
a great recipe resource, thank you, keto or not, like a lot of these, cheeseburger casserole, crack chicken too! thank you
You are welcome!
This is absolutely delicious and easy to make! I highly recommend you try it.
Very tasty, will be making this again for sure
I absolutely loved the recipe. Was nice and quick to make on a busy weekday and plus it was absolutely delicious! Thinking of making this again soon, maybe with shrimp this time! Thanks so much!
When I looked up keto recipes, I was overwhelmed by all the results! I clicked on this link for the main picture of the chicken florentine. Made it last night and added some green beans for extra veggies. Wow! It was sooooo good. Followed the recipe to a T (with some extra garlic!) and it was incredible. Thank you! Looking forward to trying more.
I have dry sun dried tomatoes. Is there a way I could make them usable for this recipe? I’ll never use them for anything else and I hate to waste food! Thank you!
I made this for the first time tonight. Absolutely delicious and so easy to make!
This chicken dish was delicious. I added three cloves of garlic, mushrooms,tyme and tarragon. Yum!
Well, I haven’t made a single thing yet but have printed out many recipes. I need quick meals and this is close to the type of diet/foods I already eat. I’m so happy to have found your page!
Loved it!! I added crimini mushrooms and Vidalia onions for more veggies/subtle flavor.So easy,quick,and delicious. Definitely adding this to regular rotation for meal planning.