These keto pork chops are seared, baked, then topped with a sweet and savory glaze! Ready in less than 10 minutes, each serving has just 1 gram net carb!
When it comes to keto pork recipes, I have a few favorites up my sleeve. When I’m not making an egg roll in a bowl or crustless pizza, I love some seared and baked pork chops.
Why these keto pork chops will be a dinnertime favorite-
- They take just 10 minutes to cook. From searing the chops to baking them, the entire recipe still takes
- It’s brushed with a simple and delicious glaze. Honestly, the glaze takes it to another level.
- It uses cheap and easy to find ingredients. Pork chops are one of the most affordable cuts of pork, or any protein out there!
- Elegant and simple. For such an elegant-looking dish, you’ll love just how easy it is to prepare.
The secret trick to perfectly cooked and juicy pork chops every time is to sear them first before baking them. Searing them first allows the juices to remain intact and guarantees the chops never dry out.
Ingredients needed for this dish
For the pork chops.
- Bone in pork chops– While the boneless version will work, having the bone-in keeps much more flavor and yields juicier pork.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
- Butter– Unsalted butter.
For the glaze.
- Balsamic vinegar– Use a good quality balsamic vinegar as it makes all the difference.
- Soy sauce– Tamari, reduced soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce all work.
- Keto honey– Skip the expensive store-bought varieties and make your own keto honey.
- Garlic– Freshly minced or bottled garlic.
- Basil– Ground and dried
- Salt and pepper
How to cook keto pork chops
Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the butter to a non-stick skillet and place it over medium heat. Once hot, sear both sides of the pork chops until golden brown.
Once seared, transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 140F.
While the pork chops are baking, prepare the glaze. Add all the ingredients into a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Now, remove the pork chops from the oven. Drizzle the glaze over them and serve immediately.
How many net carbs are in pork chops?
Pork chops are essentially protein and fat, and have zero carbs in them. Where the net carbs add up is in the sauce or marinade used. For this recipe, there is less than 1 gram net carb.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Always use a meat thermometer for perfectly baked pork chops. This guarantees juicy and tender meat every single time.
- Choose a balsamic vinegar that has little to no added sugar. Some brands balance out the tartness by adding plenty of sugar, so be very wary of it.
- If you don’t have a skillet, you can sear the chops in a non-stick pan, then transfer them into a foil-lined baking dish.
Storing, freezing, and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftover chops can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled baked pork chops in an airtight container and drizzle the sauce/glaze over the top. Place it in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the chops for 30-4o seconds or reheat in a non-stick pan or skillet.
What to serve with pork chops
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have a skillet, you can sear the chops in a non-stick pan then transfer them onto a lined baking dish.
Small amounts of balsamic vinegar are fine on a keto diet. The amount used in this recipe is negligible and will have no impact on blood sugar levels.
Swap out the honey substitute with keto maple syrup. If you don’t have that either, add a tablespoon of brown sugar substitute.
The best way to tell when the pork is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Pork chops are ready to eat when they have an internal temperature of 145F and the meat should be slightly springy when touched.
Glazed keto pork chops
For the glaze
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons keto honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the pork chops and sear both sides until golden brown.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145F.
- Prepare the glaze. Whisk together all the ingredients in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and let it simmer for 5 minutes, until thick.
- Serve the pork chops with the glaze.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
really nice flavors in this glaze, I like the balance, balsamic, soy and keto honey, and a nice change from my standard pork chop recipe, thank you!
Excellent! My husband loved this recipe. I made it with boneless pork chops, the glaze had a wonderful flavor. This is a keeper!
Very tasty and juicy !! The Family loved this meal. It’s going to be on my weekly menu. Thank you