This air fryer shrimp takes just 8 minutes to make and turns out perfectly tender and juicy every single time! Minimal ingredients and perfect to add to a plethora of dishes!
The Best Air Fryer Shrimp
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. Minimal ingredients and no excessive clean up required,
- Healthy. Air frying foods use little oil, which makes this dish a healthy alternative to traditionally fried shrimp.
- Ready in 10 minutes. From prep to plate, the entire recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make!
- Juicy every single time. A secret ingredient guarantees the shrimp turns out perfectly juicy and tender.
Shrimp can typically be quite finicky to work with, but air frying them guarantees perfect results every single time!
Oh, and this recipe works with jumbo shrimp or smaller ones too; it’s super versatile!
Besides the shrimp, you should have the remaining ingredients in your pantry! Here is what you’ll need:
- Shrimp- Get large or jumbo shrimp without shells.
- Olive oil- My preferred oil, but any oil works.
- Seasonings- You’ll need lemon juice, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and Italian seasonings.
How to make shrimp in the air fryer
Pat dry the shrimp: Pat dry the shrimp with a paper towel.
Season the shrimp: Add the shrimp to a bowl and add the olive oil and seasonings and mix until the shrimp is covered.
Cook in the air fryer: Air fry the shrimp for 7-8 minutes at 200C/400F.
Ideal cooking time
The average cooking time is 8 minutes. However, it depends on the brand of the air fryer and how large the shrimp are.
We used our favorite Phillips air fryer, which fits quite a large air fryer basket, so cooks perfectly by the 8 minute mark. If yours is larger, it will be a little shorter (check it around the 7 minute mark).
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer with the shrimp. If your air fryer is on the smaller side, cook them in batches to allow them to cook evenly.
- Flipping the shrimp halfway through ensures they are super crispy.
- Drizzle with lemon juice immediately before serving.
- Do not over cook the shrimp as you want them to be juicy and flavorful.
Ways to use this shrimp
While delicious on its own, air fried shrimp is delicious to use in a plethora of ways. Here are some of my favorites-
- Shrimp salad. Add the shrimp over your favorite salad, like a spinach salad or broccoli salad.
- Shrimp sandwich. Toast some low calorie or keto bread and add the shrimp, along with mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce, and some bacon!
- Tacos. Add the shrimp to soft or hard shell tacos, along with your favorite taco fix-ins.
- Shrimp pasta. Toss through some freshly air fried shrimp into keto pasta, low calorie pasta, or your favorite pasta.
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for cooked shrimp storage:
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: Thaw and then put on the baking sheet or in the air fryer basket to reheat until crispy.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Shrimp should be air fried at 200C/400F.
Yes, you can put frozen shrimp in the air fryer. But remember to give it some extra time to cook and/or thaw it before cooking.
If you add breading to the shrimp (like keto bread crumbs), increase the cooking time to 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Shrimp in 8 Minutes | Juicy And Flavorful
- 1 lb shrimp large or extra large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Pat dry shrimp with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the seasonings and mix well. Toss through the shrimp in the seasoning mix.
- Cook the shrimp at 200C/400F for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.