Learn how to make air fryer scallops with just 6 simple ingredients. Ready in less than 8 minutes, these are juicy, tender, and taste so fancy!
We love to cook seafood in our air fryer.
Why this recipe works
- Quick. From prep to plate, these scallops take barely any time to make.
- Healthy. Scallops are packed with protein and have very little fat.
- Easy to customize. While I like to keep the seasonings simple, you can jazz them up with different sauces, spices, or even some dressing.
What I love the most about this recipe is that it is a guaranteed perfect way to cook scallops every single time. There is no fear of a dry or rubbery scallop here.
Besides some scallops and some seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into this recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Large scallops. Choose scallops that are bright and white, as these are the freshest.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
- Butter. Melted.
- Parsley. Finely chopped.
- Lemon slices. To serve.
How to cook scallops in the air fryer
Follow this easy 3-step process to make scallops in your air fryer:
Step 1: Season the scallops
Pat dry the scallops and then season with salt and pepper. Brush some butter over the scallops before cooking.
Step 2: Air fry the scallops
Preheat the air fryer to 200C or 400F. Generously grease an air fryer basket with cooking spray and add a single layer of scallops and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step 3: Serve
Remove the cooked scallops from the air fryer basket. Brush more butter, sprinkle finely chopped parsley over them and serve with sliced lemon.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Avoid over-cooking the scallops as they are prone to becoming rubbery.
- Never put wet scallops in the air fryer as they will create steam which will affect their crispness.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as this can cook affect the cooking time and texture.
Like most seafood, scallops are a blank canvas! Here are some ideas to jazz up their flavor:
- Add more seasonings. Smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper are all fantastic options for a spicy and smoky kick.
- Infuse with garlic. Garlic and seafood are a pretty perfect combination. Mix a clove of minced garlic with the melted butter.
- Marinate the scallops. For a fun flavor twist, marinate them in some sauces, like eel sauce or bulgogi sauce.
- To store. Place leftover scallops in a shallow container and store them in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To freeze. Once the scallops have cooled to room temperature, place them in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave until warm.
Frequently asked questions
When the temperature of the air fryer is 200C/400F, the scallops take 5-7 minutes to cook.
Yes, you can use frozen scallops, but you’ll have to cook them for 3 minutes longer or thaw them completely to cook them at its usual time.
When scallops have a seared golden texture, they are cooked.
More air fryer seafood recipes to try
Air Fryer Scallops
- Pat dry the scallops and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush one tablespoon of butter over the scallops.
- Generously grease an air fryer basket with cooking spray and add a single layer of scallops.
- Air fry at 200C/400 for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove them from the air fryer basket, and brush more butter on them. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve with sliced lemon.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.