This air fryer cod is tender and flaky, and cooks in less than 10 minutes! Easily customize it with your favorite marinade or spices.
Fish is one of our favorite things to cook in the air fryer.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick. Compared to frying or grilling, using the air fryer cooks the fish in a fraction of the time.
- Healthier. With just a tiny bit of oil used, this is a low-fat and healthy recipe.
- Easy cleanup. Air fryers create no mess while cooking, so it’s easy to clean.
What I love the most about this recipe is just how perfectly the fish cooks every time. It is perfectly soft and flaky, and melts in your mouth! This is an easy way to enjoy cod without all of the fuss!
This recipe calls for very simple ingredients. Besides the fish and some seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into it. Here is what you’ll need:
- Cod fillets. Fresh or frozen cod fillets of even thickness.
- Olive oil. To cook the fish in the air fryer.
- Basil. Both dried and fresh basil will work.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to cook cod in the air fryer
Simple is an understatement for this recipe that needs just a few minutes of hands-on prep. Ready to whip some up?
Step 1: dry and season the cod fillets
Add the fish fillets to a bowl after pat drying and drizzle some olive oil on the top. Take another bowl, and mix olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil to coat the fish fillets with this spice mixture.
Step 2: air fry the cod
Grease the air fryer basket and add a single layer of cod fillets to it. Air fry for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Tips to make the best recipe
- To avoid overcooking, you can check the internal temperature, which should be 140-145F.
- You can garnish the cod with any of your favorite toppings to enhance flavor. Some of the best include chopped green onion, sliced jalapeno, and sesame seeds.
- Try to choose cod fillets of equal thickness and size so they cook evenly.
- To store: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store them in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- To freeze: Let the fish cool completely then transfer them to a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: You can reheat the fish in the air fryer or microwave.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
To cook cod in the air fryer, the ideal temperature should be 200C or 400F.
When the pink color of cod changes to white, it’s a good indication that the fish is fully cooked.
Yes, you need to cook cod all the way through, but be careful not to overcook.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Cod recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Cod
- 4 fillets cod 4 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- Pat dry the fish then add it to a bowl and drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the basil mixture over the fish.
- Grease the air fryer basket. Add a single layer of cod fillets to it.
- Air fry for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.