This air fryer Mahi Mahi needs just 5 ingredients to make and yields perfectly cooked fish every single time.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy. All you have to do is season the fish and toss it in the air fryer and wait for it to cook.
- Cost-effective. Mahi Mahi is one of the cheapest and healthiest white fish.
- Healthier. Air fryers use very little oil, yet yield perfectly cooked foods each time.
What I love the most about this recipe is just how mild-flavored it is! This is the kind of fish you’d cook up for those who aren’t fans of the fishy taste of some seafood.
This recipe calls for very basic ingredients. Besides the fish and a few seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into it. Here is what you’ll need:
- Mahi Mahi fillets. Choose fillets of equal thickness. Both frozen and fresh fillets can be used.
- Olive oil. Or any other neutral flavored oil.
- Smoked paprika. Adds a smoky flavor.
- Italian seasonings. A mixture of Italian spices to add traditional Italian flavors to the recipe.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
How to cook Mahi Mahi in the air fryer
This really is a very straightforward recipe that involves seasoning the fish and then throwing it in the air fryer to cook up! Ready to whip some up?
Step 1: Dry and season the fish
Pat dry the fish and drizzle some olive oil on the top. Take a small bowl, mix spices in it and sprinkle the spices over the fish.
Step 2: Air fry the Mahi Mahi
Grease the air fryer basket with oil and add the fish in a single layer. Air fry the Mahi Mahi for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Mahi Mahi cooks quickly, so avoid overcooking it, even by a little bit.
- Always grease the air fryer basket with some oil before cooking the fish, as this will prevent any part of it sticking to it.
- To try a different flavor, you can substitute the spices with your favorite seasonings, such as lemon pepper or cajun seasoning.
- To store. You can keep the leftovers in the refrigerator using airtight containers for up to 3-4 days.
- To freeze. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer in a shallow container for up to 6 month
- Reheating. Reheat the preheated air fryer or microwave for 20-30 seconds.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
The ideal temperature to cook any fish is 200C/400F, as the high heat cooks the fish quickly, keeping the outside tender and the middle soft and flaky.
Yes, frozen Mahi Mahi fillets can be used for this recipe. Just be sure to thaw it completely before adding the seasonings.
Air Fryer Mahi Mahi In 8 Minutes | Moist, Flaky, And Healthy
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- Pat dry the fish then add it to a bowl and drizzle the olive oil on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together spices then rub all over the fish.
- Grease the air fryer basket. Add a single layer of Mahi Mahi fillets to it.
- Air fry the fish for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat the process until all the fish is cooked.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.