Learn how to cook lamb chops in the air fryer; tender, juicy and delicious every time. Ready in less than 10 minutes and FAST!
It’s no secret that we love using our air fryer to make fast, healthy, and easy dinners. some of our of regulars include salmon and chicken breast. When we feel like having something a little fancy, we like to air fry lamb chops.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy. With less than two minutes prep and 10 minutes cooking time, these redefine a fast dinner.
- Healthier. Fried or baked chops use tons of oil, but air frying them omits all of that…without sacrificing flavor!
- Minimal ingredients. Besides some basics like butter and rosemary, this recipe needs just a handful of ingredients.
What we love about this recipe is just how tender and juicy the chops turn out to be. Cooking them in the air fryer guarantees a perfect result, so you never have to fear chewy or tough meat ever.
By the way, if you want to try a recipe using ground lamb, try homemade gyros.
Besides a few seasonings and oil, there really isn’t much that goes into this recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Lamb chops. Choose thicker cuts of lamb with the bone intact.
- Olive oil and butter. A combination of oil and butter keeps the chops juicy in the middle and tender on the outside. Opt for unsalted butter as we’ll already be adding salt.
- Garlic. Freshly minced is always preferred, but jarred garlic also works.
- Rosemary. A must for any recipe that calls for lamb.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to make air fryer lamb chops?
The beauty of this recipe is that the air fryer takes care of all the hard work. Here is how to make it:
Step 1- Prepare the lamb chops
Start by pat drying the lamb chops using a paper towel and remove the excess fat.
Step 2- Coat with seasonings
Next, take a large mixing bowl and add lamb chops to it. Mix butter, olive oil, fresh rosemary and garlic in a small bowl and then add this mixture to the bowl. Using your hands, coat each chop well with the seasoning. If you have time, cover the chops and let them sit for an hour.
Step 3- Preheat the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer 190C or 375F. Meanwhile, slightly grease the air fryer basket.
Step 4- Cook the lamb chops
Add the lamb chops to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket by overlapping chops. Wait until the first batch is done and then add the remaining to the air fryer basket.
Cook each side for 7-8 minutes.
How long do you cook lamb chops in the air fryer?
On average, lamb chops need 7-8 minutes to be fully done in the air fryer. However, depending on your preference of doneness of the meat, you can adjust them accordingly:
- Rare: Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Medium rare: Cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Well done: Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Can I bake these in the oven?
Yes, you can bake these in the oven. Always preheat the oven to the required temperature to get the best results.
Ideal temperature for cooking lamb
To ideal temperature for cooking lamb depends on the level of doneness you want. Here is a quick guide:
- Rare: 115-120°F
- Medium-Rare: 125°F
- Medium: 130°F
- Medium-Well: 145°F
- Well Done: 150°F
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for lamb chop storage:
To store: Place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chops in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
Reheating: Reheat in the air fryer, oven or skillet.
What to serve with lamb chops
We love to keep the sides simple when serving chops because it really allows them to stand out. Here are some ideas to try:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can eat lamb chops with pink in the middle.
You can cook lamb chops to medium-rare; deciding the level of doneness you want is up to you.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops | Cooks In Just 7 Minutes
- 8 small lamb chops bone-in
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/370F. Grease the air fryer basket.
- Pat dry each lamb chop and cut off excess fat or sinew.
- Add the chops to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, butter, garlic, and fresh rosemary. Toss through the chops, ensuring each one is well coated in the mix.
- Add the chops in a single layer in the basket. Air fryer for 7-8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for two minutes before serving.