Learn how to cook lamb chops in the air fryer; they are tender, juicy, and delicious every time. Ready in under 10 minutes.
It’s no secret that I love using my air fryer to make fast, healthy, and easy dinners for my damily. Some of our regulars include air fryer salmon and air fryer chicken breast. When we feel like having something a little fancy, I like to air fry lamb chops.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ingredients needed
- How to make air fryer lamb chops?
- How long do you cook lamb chops in the air fryer?
- Ideal temperature for cooking lamb
- Recipe tips and variations
- Storage instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What to serve with lamb chops
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops (Recipe Card)
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy. With less than two minutes of prep and 7 minutes of cooking time, these redefine a fast dinner.
- Healthier. Fried or baked chops use tons of oil, but air frying them omits all of that…without sacrificing flavor!
- Minimal ingredients. Besides some basics like butter and rosemary, this recipe needs just a handful of ingredients.
What we love about this recipe is just how tender and juicy the chops turn out to be. Cooking them in the air fryer guarantees a perfect result, so you never have to fear chewy or tough meat.
Besides a few seasonings and oil, there really isn’t much that goes into this recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Lamb chops. Choose thicker cuts of lamb with the bone intact. Lamb loin chops, lamb shoulder chops, or rib chops will also work, but you will need to increase the cooking time by two minutes. I tested this recipe with a rack of lamb, too, but found it was a little more time-consuming to cook properly.
- Olive oil and butter. A combination of oil and butter keeps the chops juicy in the middle and tender on the outside. Opt for unsalted butter, as we’ll already be adding salt.
- Garlic. Freshly minced is always preferred, but jarred garlic also works.
- Rosemary. A must for any recipe that calls for lamb. You can also use oregano or other fresh herbs.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below
How to make air fryer lamb chops?
The beauty of this recipe is that the air fryer takes care of all the hard work. Here is how to make it:
Step 1- Prepare the lamb chops. Start by pat drying the lamb chops using a paper towel and remove the excess fat.
Step 2- Coat with seasonings. Next, take a large mixing bowl and add lamb chops to it. Mix butter, olive oil, fresh rosemary and garlic in a small bowl and then add this mixture to the bowl. Using your hands, coat each chop well with the seasoning. If you have time, cover the chops and let them sit for an hour.
Step 3- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer 190C or 375F. Meanwhile, slightly grease the air fryer basket.
Step 4- Assemble. Add the lamb chops to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket by overlapping chops.
Step 5- air fry the lamb chops. Cook each side for 7-8 minutes.
How long do you cook lamb chops in the air fryer?
On average, lamb chops need 7-8 minutes to be fully done in the air fryer. However, depending on your preference of the doneness of the meat, you can adjust them accordingly:
- Rare: Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Medium rare: Cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Well done: Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Ideal temperature for cooking lamb
To ideal temperature for cooking lamb depends on the level of doneness you want. Here is a quick guide:
- Rare: 115-120°F
- Medium-Rare: 125°F
- Medium: 130°F
- Medium-Well: 145°F
- Well Done: 150°F
Remember, the best way to check the doneness is to use a meat thermometer.
Recipe tips and variations
- If your air fryer can’t fit all the chops, cook them in batches. This will ensure the lamb chops cook evenly and completely.
- Change up the seasonings or use a lamb chop marinade.
To store: Place leftover lamb chops in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chops in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
Reheating: Reheat in the air fryer, oven or skillet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can eat lamb chops with pink in the middle.
You can cook lamb chops to medium-rare; deciding the level of doneness you want is up to you.
Yes, you can bake these in the oven. Once the lamb is prepped, add them to a greased baking sheet and bake at 190C/375F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What to serve with lamb chops
We love to keep the sides simple when serving chops because it allows them to stand out. Here are some air fryer recipe ideas to try:
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/370F. Grease the air fryer basket.
- Pat dry each lamb chop and cut off excess fat or sinew.
- Add the chops to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, butter, garlic, and fresh rosemary. Toss through the chops, ensuring each one is well coated in the mix.
- Add the chops in a single layer in the basket. Air fryer for 3-4 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for two minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.