Learn how to make air fryer zucchini that turns out crispy, flavorful, and juicy every single time. Ready in under 10 minutes, they make a fabulous side dish.
The Best Air Fryer Zucchini
Ever since buying my air fryer, I’ve been obsessed with cooking my vegetables this way. It’s so much tastier than steaming or microwaving them, and they taste delicious.
Why air fry zucchini?
- It’s healthier. Fried zucchini would use up to 1/4 cup of cooking oil (sometimes even 1/2 a cup!). When you air fry it instead, you reduce the fat by up to 90%. Take this recipe for example. For the entire recipe, you’ll only need a tablespoon!
- Less than 10 minutes. Baked zucchini usually takes around 45 minutes and pan-fried zucchini closer to 15 minutes. Air frying takes a mere 8 minutes!
- No mess. No parchment paper, just one mixing bowl, and no washing up needed!
- Extra crispy. The high heat paired with the aerated basket ensures extra crispiness on the outside!
The texture of this air fried zucchini is crispy on the edges and perfectly soft in the middle. It’s easy to customize with your favorite spices, but I love to keep it simple with salt and pepper!
Honestly, this has to be one of the most simple ingredient lists you’ll ever come across, but the results are incredible. You will no doubt have everything in your pantry ready to go. Here is what you’ll need:
- Zucchini– Fresh and firm zucchini, sliced into half-inch coins.
- Olive oil– Just a small amount to give the slices a crisp exterior and a soft center.
- Salt and pepper– To taste. Don’t go overboard with this as you can always add more once it has been air fried.
How to make air fryer zucchini
This recipe follows a simple 2-step process and the air fryer does all the hard work. So with that said, get out the ingredients and let’s make air fried zucchini.
Step 1- Season the zucchini
Start by adding the zucchini coins into a mixing bowl. Add the oil, salt, and pepper, and mix very well, until the zucchini is coated in the oil and seasonings.
Step 2- Air fry the zucchini
Next, lightly grease the air fryer basket and add the zucchini to it. Air fry the zucchini at 200C/400F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve the zucchini immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Do not oversalt the zucchini, as it can draw moisture from the vegetable, so, add a minimal amount then if it isn’t salty enough once they have been air fired.
- Cut the zucchini slices into equal sized coins. This ensures they all cook evenly throughout.
- To get those gorgeous grill marks, add a grill pan into the air fryer basket.
- Feel free to add your favorite spices and seasonings to it, like red pepper flakes, chili powder, or garlic powder.
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for cooked zucchini storage:
- To store: Zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Place leftover zucchini in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: If the pre-frozen zucchini has been thawed (or previously refrigerated), you can add it to the air fryer basket and reheat at 200C/400F for 4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What to serve with zucchini
This delicious veggie dish pairs beautifully with simply seasoned protein or seafood. Save the mess and keep the air fryer out and use it to make one of these proteins to pair with it:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you over-cook the zucchini, you risk it becoming soggy (even though it looks golden around the edges and on the outside).
Provided some form of salt is included, you can add any other seasonings you like.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Zucchini recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Zucchini With 2 Ingredients | Crispy And Flavorful
- 2 large zucchini sliced into coins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add your sliced zucchini, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Transfer the zucchini into an air fryer basket or, if you'd like grill marks, add the grill pan to an air fryer basket. Cook the zucchini for 10 minutes at 200C/400F, shaking the basket every 3 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.