These keto zucchini fries are so crispy and crunchy, you won’t believe they are low carb! Made with just 4 ingredients, they can be oven baked or air fried!
Need a healthier take on French fries? Try this zucchini fries recipe.
They have been a healthier and low carb alternative to traditional potato fries. They take minutes to make and are seriously addictive. Now, these fries may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, they are so easy to whip up.
Just like my keto French fries, there are no grains and no excessive oil are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is long, thin, crispy, and crunchy. They are salty and slightly cheesy, without being overpowering.
You can bake them in the oven or cook them in the air fryer: both lower fat options while keeping MAXIMUM crispness!
- Zucchini. Use firm zucchini, not overripe ones. The latter will become quite limp and lose the ideal ‘fries’ texture.
- Eggs. To dip the zucchini in before coating it in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
- Bread crumbs. Either panko bread crumbs or for a low carb twist, use keto bread crumbs.
- Parmesan cheese. Use finely grated parmesan cheese, and NOT the kind in the dry grocery aisle.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to make zucchini fries
Keto zucchini fries are easy to make: the only thing to remember is to mop up any excess moisture that immediately seeps out of the vegetable. Here’s the basic idea of making them (or see the full recipe below):
- Prepare the zucchini: Start by slicing your zucchini into long and thin strips. Next, add your eggs to a small bowl and whisk them together. In a separate bowl, mix your breadcrumb substitute, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bread the zucchini fries: Cip the zucchini in the whisked eggs, before dipping them in the breadcrumb mixture, until mostly coated. Place the zucchini on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake and serve: Bake for 20-25 minutes, regularly rotating them to ensure they become crispy on all sides.
How to make air fryer zucchini fries
Did you know you can make zucchini fries in the air fryer? Here’s the process to do so:
- Prep the zucchini as instructed.
- Place them in a greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 200C/400F for 13-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Be sure not to overcrowd the basket, otherwise, the fries will cook unevenly.
Tips to make the best keto zucchini fries
- Oven makes and models vary. If your fries aren’t super crispy, you can bake them a little longer.
- You must rotate your fries as they are baking, as we don’t want certain sides to be soggy.
- Add extra spices or seasonings to amp up the flavor.
- Serve the fries with your favorite keto condiments, like ketchup or guacamole.
Wondering what’s the best way to store these fries? Here are best practices for zucchini fry storage:
- Up to five days: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled zucchini fries in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to two months,
- To reheat: Either reheat in a preheated oven or air fryer.
More keto zucchini recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Calorie and carb wise, when prepared identically, zucchini fries are healthier than potato fries.
If you don’t mop up excess moisture, the fries risk being soggy.
To remove excess water from the zucchini, lightly salt the fries and let them sit for 10 minutes. This draws out excess moisture.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Zucchini Fries recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Zucchini Fries (Low carb)
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs * See notes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice your zucchini into thin matchsticks and set aside. In a small bowl, add your eggs and whisk them until combined. In a separate bowl, add your breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip your zucchini in the egg mixture, followed by the spice and crumb mixture, and place on the lined sheet. Repeat the process until all the zucchini has been used up.
- Bake the zucchini fries for 22-25 minutes, regularly turning so they become ultra crispy. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Will be making this soon i love zucchini sooooooooooo much i never had zucchini fries before sorry for early comment as am in Singapore will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Thank you for your amazing and healthy recipes. I recently made your pulled pork and it was incredible..
You need to correct your recipe it says Cook Time: 6 hours 30 minutesTotal Time: 6 hours 35 minutes lol
I think that’s supposed to be a zero/ 0 in the ‘hours’ LMAO
Love your recipes
Ahh thank you! It has been fixed!
Hi! could I use almond flour instead of the keto bread crumbs?