These keto zucchini chips are so crispy, crunchy, and perfectly baked, you won’t believe they are low carb! Made with just 3 ingredients, they can be made in the oven or the air fryer! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Zucchini Chips
Even though I love my sweets, I will always and forever be a savory snacker. If I had the choice between a freshly made brownie and a package of plain popcorn, I’d choose the popcorn. When I first moved out of home and got my own apartment, my snack cupboard was literally every single savory snack you can think of- chips, crackers, salted nuts, and more.
Now that I’m older, I’ve tried to make some smarter snack choices. Going keto has obviously made it much easier, as many of my usual snacks were loaded with carbs! Instead, I’ve been making my own homemade ones, and recently, I’ve loved whipping up some baked zucchini chips.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto zucchini chips recipe for quite some time. They are a healthier way for me to satisfy my crunchy snack cravings, and they take seconds to prep. The best part is that they can be made in the oven or the air fryer.
No eggs, no dairy, and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is crispy, crunchy, and perfectly seasoned. They are salty, savory, and seriously addictive, you won’t miss the potatoes at all!
I had some friends over for a game night and I served these chips with a variety of other snacks and everyone was shocked about how a zucchini could be transformed into chips- I got them all hooked on it!
How do you make keto zucchini chips?
- Zucchini– The thinner you slice the zucchini, the crispier your chips will be.
- Olive oil– I like the subtle flavor of olive oil, but any good quality oil can be used.
- Salt and pepper- Only a little will be added prior to them being baked. The rest will be added just before you eat them!
Start by thinly slicing your zucchini and pat it dry, to remove any potential moisture remaining. Place the sliced zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Next, add the olive oil and spices and mix well, until combined.
Now, place the seasoned zucchini slices onto a lined baking sheet. Bake the zucchini for 90 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Let the zucchini chips cool on the sheet completely. Once cool, add extra salt if needed, and enjoy.
Tips to make the best low carb zucchini chips
- You must use a paper towel or dishcloth to mop up any extra moisture before baking them. This will guarantee crispy snd crunchy chips.
- To make these in the air fryer, follow the instructions as above, but place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 200C/400F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Do not overseason the zucchini, as it will draw moisture out and make the chips soggy. Be conservative with it, as you can add more after they are cooked.
- Enjoy on its own, or serve with some ketchup or bbq sauce.
While these baked zucchini chips taste delicious on their own, here are some fun flavors for some variety!
- Ranch– Add 1/2 tablespoon of ranch seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spicy– Mix 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Cheese– Sprinkle finely grated parmesan cheese just before baking the zucchini chips.
- Salt and vinegar– Remove the chips from the oven halfway through and spritz with white vinegar.
- Barbeque– Add a mix of all purpose spice and smoked paprika.
Storing and freezing baked zucchini chips
- To store: Leftover chips can be stored in a sealable container at room temperature, for up to 3 days. If you’d like them to keep for longer, refrigerate them for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place chips in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either reheat in an air fryer or a preheated oven.
More crunchy keto snacks you’ll enjoy
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Keto Zucchini Chips recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Keto Zucchini Chips
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any good quality oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt * See notes
- Preheat the oven to 115C/225F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into very thin slices. Using a paper towel or dish towel, pat the zucchini dry, to ensure all moisture is removed.
- Transfer the zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and salt and mix well, until the zucchini is lightly oiled.
- Place the zucchini on the lined sheet in a single layer. Bake for 90 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Air fryer instructions
- Place the oiled and seasoned zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer pan. Cook at 200C/400F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let the chips cooled completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.