Sweet and perfectly crunchy, this recipe for cinnamon pita chips is exactly what you need for your next movie night! This super quick and EASY homemade snack will satisfy those in-between-meal cravings.
I can’t go past a good homemade sweet snack, and one of my favorite things to do is to recreate my favorite store-bought ones. As someone who LOVES Stacey’s pita chips, it was a no-brainer to recreate them at home…but a little healthier.
The best part about this one is that it will also use up any leftover pita sitting in your cupboard!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s quick and easy. Homemade cinnamon pita chips come together with minimal effort, using simple pantry ingredients. The best part is they take less than 15 minutes to make!
- Healthier than store-bought. The beauty of making these in your own kitchen is that you ensure they are lower in fat and sugar than the packaged ones (like my protein chips or low calorie chips).
- Perfect to snack on. These chips are great between meals or served at parties and events with a fun sweet dip.
- Pita rounds. I like to use whole wheat pitas as they are higher in fiber and protein than white ones.
- Coconut oil. Helps the cinnamon sugar mixture stick to the bread. You can use melted butter too if you don’t need this recipe to be vegan.
- Cinnamon. Ground cinnamon to provide that signature warming, sweet spice flavor the pita chips.
- Sugar. Granulated white or brown sugar.
How to make cinnamon pita chips
Step 1 – Cut the pita. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Cut the pita into equal-sized triangles using a knife or kitchen scissors.
Step 2 – Brush and coat the pita. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon with the sugar. Brush the pita wedges with melted coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
Step 3 – Bake. Place pita pieces on the baking tray in a single layer. Try to not overcrowd the pan so that all the pieces get nice and crispy. Bake the chips for 7 to 12 minutes depending on how crispy you want them to be. Keep an eye on them as they bake to prevent them from burning.
Once ready, remove the pita chips from the oven, allow them to cool completely, and serve.
Recipe tips and variations
- Use the air fryer. If you’re strapped for time, the air fryer works perfectly well for making crispy pita chips in 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make tortilla chips. If you don’t have pita bread, you can use tortillas instead. Depending on the thickness of the tortilla, they may need slightly less cooking time.
- Serve with a sweet dip. What tastes good on pita chips? As these particular chips are on the sweeter side, you may want to serve them with a hazelnut spread, a fruit salsa or even some yogurt. You can try some of my favorite dessert dips too, like Oreo dip or cake batter dip.
Transfer the pita chips to an airtight container only when they have completely cooled. You can store them at room temperature for around a week. Do not store these in the fridge, as they will become dense and soggy.
More sweet snacks to try
Frequently asked questions
Baked pita chips are healthier than fried potato chips. However, they are not the healthiest chips on the market as they are still relatively high in carbs and calories.
Cinnamon sugar pita chips contain around 140 calories per serving (7-10 chips).
Cinnamon Pita Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Cut the pita into six triangles. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the pita triangles on the greased baking sheet and brush coconut oil on each one. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Remove the pita chips from the oven and let them cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.