These air fryer green beans are crispy, tender, and delicious. Ready in less than 10 minutes, you’ll never make green beans any other way!
Delicious and perfectly cooked vegetables in less than 10 minutes? That’s the beauty of air fryers.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy. Just toss them in the air fryer, turn on the switch, and your green beans will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- No-mess. Air fryer green beans don’t use many utensils, so they won’t mess your kitchen up.
- Healthier. With lesser oil used, they’re healthier than their deep fried counterpart.
What we love about these air fryer green beans is that they pair well with almost anything! Keep things simple by serving it with some meatloaf, chicken breast or pork tenderloin, or some seafood favorites like salmon!
This recipe uses very simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry or fridge. Here is all you need to make them:
- Green beans. You can use any type of green beans, French or fresh. Always trim the ends before cooking them in the air fryer.
- Olive oil. To cook green beans in the air fryer.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. To serve.
How to make air fryer green beans?
The beauty of using an air fryer is that this gadget takes care of all the hard work! Ready to whip some up?
Step 1- Preheat the air fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer to 190C/375F.
Step 2- Season the green beans
Next, take a bowl, add trimmed green beans to it and season with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 3- Cook in the air fryer
Now, put the seasoned beans in the air fryer and cook for eight minutes. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through.
Before serving, sprinkle some fresh lemon slices and parmesan cheese on the cooked green beans.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If you like crispy and oven-roasted green beans, cook them in the air fryer a bit longer or at a higher temperature to get a similar texture.
- Always thaw the frozen green beans before putting them in the air fryer.
- You can sprinkle some red pepper or any other spicy seasoning on the top if you want to make them spicy.
- Cook green beans in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer basket will not give the perfect texture to your green beans.
Wondering what is the best way to store air fryer green beans? Here are the best practices for storing leftover green beans:
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled beans in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either microwave for a few seconds or reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
What to serve with green beans
You can literally pair these air fried beans with anything, and we like to serve them with air fryer proteins. Here are some of our favorites:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, frozen green beans can be used and don’t require any thawing beforehand. To ensure they turn out perfectly crisp and tender, increase the air frying time by two minutes.
Deep fried green beans can contain almost twice as many calories because of the excess oil. Air frying them omits that while achieving the same texture.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/375F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the trimmed beans then toss through the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add a single layer of the beans to the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes, shaking halfway through. Repeat the process until all the beans are cooked.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and add a squeeze of lemon juice.