These air fryer green beans are crispy, tender, and delicious. Ready in less than 10 minutes, you’ll never make green beans any other way!
Air fryers are your secret to quickly cooking veggies like asparagus, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and even zucchini.
Now, we throw green beans into the mix and have a new favorite!
Table of Contents
Green beans in 10 minutes
- Quick and easy. Just toss them in the air fryer, turn on the switch, and your green beans will be ready in no time.
- No-mess. Air fryer green beans don’t use many utensils, so they won’t mess your kitchen up.
- Healthier. With lesser oil used, they’re healthier than their deep-fried counterpart.
What we love about these air fryer green beans is that they pair well with almost anything! Keep things simple by serving it with some tofu, meatloaf, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, or some seafood favorites like salmon!
This recipe uses very simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry or fridge. Here is all you need to make them:
- Green beans. Always trim the ends.
- Olive oil. To season.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. To serve.
How to make air fryer green beans?
The beauty of using an air fryer is that this gadget takes care of all the hard work! Ready to whip some up?
Step 1- Season the green beans
Start by adding the trimmed green beans to a bowl and season them with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 2- air fry the green beans
Now, put the seasoned beans in the air fryer and air fry for 8-10 minutes at 190C/375F. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through.
Before serving, sprinkle some fresh lemon slices and parmesan cheese on the cooked green beans.
- If you like crispy and oven-roasted green beans, cook them in the air fryer a bit longer or at a higher temperature.
- If using frozen green beans, always thaw them completely first.
- You can sprinkle some red pepper or any other spicy seasoning on the top if you want to make them spicy.
- Cook green beans in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer basket will yield more mushy beans.
To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled beans in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheating: Either microwave for a few seconds or reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
Favorite Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
All you need to do is whip up one of these veggies with your favorite main course and dinner is sorted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, frozen green beans can be used and don’t require any thawing beforehand. To ensure they turn out perfectly crisp and tender, increase the air frying time by two minutes.
Deep fried green beans can contain almost twice as many calories because of the excess oil. Air frying them omits that while achieving the same texture.
There are 98 calories in one serving of air fried green beans.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/375F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the trimmed beans then toss through the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add a single layer of the beans to the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes, shaking halfway through. Repeat the process until all the beans are cooked.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.