This air fryer eggplant is crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and made with just 4 simple ingredients. Ready in 10 minutes, serve it as an appetizer or main meal!
We love using our air fryer for cooking vegetables.
Unlike using the oven, we don’t have to spend tons of time waiting for them to cook. This is noticeable when cooking more time-consuming vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, carrots, and, of course, eggplant.
Why this recipe works
- Quick. Just toss the sliced eggplants in the preheated air fryer, wait for 9 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
- Delicious. Air frying adds more flavors to the eggplant than traditional cooking methods.
- Easy to customize. This recipe is like a blank canvas and can be flavored in a plethora of ways.
What I love about this recipe is just how versatile it is! It goes well with almost anything and is perfect for a dinnertime side dish.
This recipe is beyond simple and besides eggplant and a few spices, there isn’t much else that goes into it. Here is what you’ll need:
- Eggplants. Get large eggplants and slice them into pieces before cooking in the air fryer.
- Olive oil. For cooking eggplant in the air fryer.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
- Parsley. To serve.
How to cook eggplant in the air fryer
The beauty of using an air fryer is that it takes care of all the hard work for you! Time to make this recipe:
Step 1- Season the eggplant
Season the eggplant by adding eggplant, olive oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Step 2- Cook eggplant in the air fryer
Add the seasoned eggplant to the air fryer basket when the air fryer temperature is 190C or 375F for 9 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat the process until all the eggplants are cooked.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t peel the eggplant. When an eggplant has its skin on it, the edges will get a nice texture after cooking.
- Cut eggplant uniformly. Eggplant slices should be uniform to ensure they cook to the same level when placed in the air fryer.
- Shake the air fryer basket. Always flip the eggplant or shake the basket halfway through to prevent the eggplant from sticking to the basket.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Place leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Put the leftovers in freezer safe bags or containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
More air fryer vegetables to try
Frequently Asked Questions
If you prefer a softer middle of the eggplant, soak it in the water for 30 minutes before air frying.
Medium-sized eggplant slices will take around 10-12 minutes to cook properly. If you cut thick slices, the cooking time will increase, but if you slice them thinner, it will take less time.
If you cook the eggplant at a lower heat and a longer duration, you risk the middle being soggy instead of soft.
Air Fryer Eggplant | Cooks In 9 Minutes
- 2 large eggplants Cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add the eggplant, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the seasoned eggplant rounds to an air fryer basket and air fry at 190C/375F for 9-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the eggplant from the air fryer and repeat the process until all the eggplant are cooked.