Learn to make perfect air fryer carrots; crispy on the outside and tender inside. Ready in less than 15 minutes, they work with standard and baby carrots.
Ever wondered, “aren’t the best crispy fried foods loaded with calories and fat?” Not anymore!
Now, using your air fryer, you can enjoy perfectly crispy veggies: broccoli, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts, too, with no or very little oil.
Air-fried carrots are the easiest and most foolproof way to enjoy this veggie since they’re baked, not fried.
Why this recipe works
Quick and easy. Add the ingredients, turn on the switch, and walk away. Your air-fried carrots will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
Healthier. Deep fried or pan fried carrots are loaded with oil, but air frying them omits almost all of it!
Easy to customize. You can use the simple recipe seasonings or level up their flavor by adding some spicy seasonings.
Works with baby carrots. If you only have baby carrots on hand, this exact recipe and instructions
What we love about air fryer carrots is that they are perfect to pair with almost anything as a fun veggie side. Try it with salmon, chicken breast, or even some pork chops (oh, and maybe even a baked potato too).
You can make air-fried carrots with just 5 simple ingredients and here is all you need:
- Carrots. Use big carrots for the recipes; peel and cut them into equal size pieces.
- Olive oil. Or any neutral flavored oil.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Parsley and parmesan cheese. To serve.
How to cook carrots in the air fryer
The beauty of using an air fryer is that it takes care of all the hard work. With less than 2 minutes prep time, this is a very simple recipe.
Step 1- Season the carrots
In a mixing bowl, add carrots, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
Step 2- air fry carrots
Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, add the seasoned carrots to the air fryer basket to cook for at least 15 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Once done, remove the carrots from the air fryer, season them with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Air fryer baby carrots
If you’d like to air fry baby carrots, follow the same recipe and format, just work in batches for them. You may need to soak up excess moisture to ensure the carrots crisp up nicely.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Always dry the carrots completely after rinsing and before you toss them in the air fryer for cooking. Wet carrots can become mushy and will not yield an entirely crispy exterior.
- Don’t forget to shake your air fryer basket when carrots are cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
- Chop your carrots into medium-sized pieces, as if they are too small and they will burn.
The beauty of these carrots is just how easy they are to customize! Here are some ideas to try:
- Add some spice. Black pepper, red chili flakes and cayenne pepper are some options you can use to enjoy spicy air-fried carrots.
- Use different toppings. Crumbled feta cheese, pine nuts, and even a sprinkle of Gruyere take it up a notch.
- Add some sauce. Drizzle some eel sauce, katsu sauce, or even some bulgogi sauce for an Asian flavor hit.
Got leftovers? Don’t worry, as you can store them using the following storage tips:
To store: Put the leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To freeze: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheating: You can reheat them in the microwave, air fryer, or skillet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air-fried carrots are healthy because they are cooked using less oil, so they provide fewer calories and unhealthy fats.
Pair these carrot fries with some simple protein, like steak, tilapia, pork tenderloin, or even chicken thighs.
Air Fryer Carrots (Or Baby Carrots)
- 4 large carrots cut into match sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add the carrots, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the seasoned carrots to an air fryer basket and air fry at 180C/350F for 10-15 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Remove the carrots from the air fryer and repeat the process until all the carrots are cooked.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Happy to try these! Do you air fry the baby carrots whole or cut them into matchsticks like the big carrots?
Keep them whole 🙂
Thanks so much. I’ll make them tomorrow night. I made your air fryer green beans and we loved them.