This air fryer pork tenderloin is the best way to cook it, and takes less than 15 minutes to make. A special glaze takes it to another level!
You really can cook anything in your air fryer. Gone are the days of roasting thick cuts of meat for hours on end. I’ve tried almost all kinds of meat in there, including steak, chicken breast, and pork chops. Recently, we’ve added pork tenderloin to the mix.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick to prepare. There is no marinating needed so the entire cooking time is less than 15 minutes!
- Adaptable. The beauty of this cut of meat is how easy it is to customize and flavor with a plethora of options.
- Healthier. Air frying pork cuts down on the use of oil considerably (at least 80%!) without affecting the flavor.
What we love about this recipe is just how perfectly the pork cooks every single time (Just like our 3-2-1- ribs). If you’ve ever been fearful of over-cooking or drying out pork, this method of cooking is a game changer!
From the seasonings to the sauces, this recipe uses pantry staple ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pork tenderloin. Not all cuts of tenderloin is equal. If your pork is on the larger side, consider slicing it into two larger pieces.
- Olive oil. To make the spice rub and cook the meat.
- Dijon mustard. Mustard is the perfect pairing with pork and coating it with some of it takes the flavor to another level.
- Honey. Adds a sweet and sticky element to the pork and balances out the savory flavors. It also gives it the gorgeous caramelization.
- Spices– Paprika, chilli, and garlic powder.
How to air fry pork tenderloin?
Making pork tenderloin in the air fryer is a simple 3-step process and honestly, the air fryer takes care of all the hard work for you. Here is how to make it:
Step 1- Season the pork
Start by removing the skin of the pork and rub some oil over it. Mix all the seasonings, mustard, and honey in a bowl and rub all over the pork to coat well.
Step 2- Cook the tenderloin
Next, set the air fryer temperature to 200C/400F. Place the tenderloin in the air fryer and cook the pork for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the air fryer once the exterior is sticky and glistening and when the internal temperature reaches at least 140F.
Step 3- Rest and serve
Finally let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What temperature to cook this pork?
The ideal temperature for cooking tenderloin should be 200C/400F. The higher heat keeps the exterior tender while super juicy in the middle.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. This traps the juices inside longer, which yields more juicy pork.
- Always preheat the air fryer before adding meat to get the perfect texture of the recipe.
- Do not stuff your tenderloin in the air fryer. If it is too big to fit comfortably, slice it into two portions and cook them separately.
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for tenderloin storage:
- To store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled tenderloin in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheat: You can reheat in the air fryer, oven or skillet.
More air fried meat recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Pork is done when its internal temperature is 160 degrees Fahrenheit or 72 degrees Celsius.
If you want a piece of simply seasoned pork that is cooked fast, air frying is the best method to use. Of course, if you want to flavor it differently or draw out the cooking process (e.g., slow cooking), then another technique may be preferred.
Yes, if you’d prefer to bake the tenderloin, preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Place the seasoned pork on a greased baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Coat the exterior of the pork tenderloin with it.
- Add the pork into an air fryer basket and air fry at 200F/400F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- The pork tenderloin is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature opf 145F.
- Let the pork rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.