Learn how to make air fryer asparagus, a healthy and delicious vegetable side dish. Ready in less than five minutes, it’s a delicious way to enjoy this vegetable.
Using the air fryer to cook vegetables is truly a game changer.
Gone are the days of waiting hours for them to roast in the oven. Thanks to this nifty gadget, the cooking time and clean up is a breeze. Some of our favorite vegetables to air fry include zucchini, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower, and now we add asparagus into the mix.
Table of Contents
- Quick and easy. This recipe takes only 4 ingredients and less than 6 minutes to prepare.
- Healthy. It’s a low carb, gluten-free, and naturally keto friendly, so no one ever misses out!
- Flavorful. With tender stalks and crispy tips, it tastes better than oven roasted asparagus.
What I love about this asparagus is just how perfect they turn out every time. Unlike roasting and steaming, you don’t have to monitor it to prevent it from overcooking: air frying it guarantees fabulous results.
You’ll just need 4 ingredients to make this simple recipe:
- Asparagus. Always choose thicker stalks and trim the sides.
- Olive oil. While any oil works, olive is superior as it lends a much more delicious flavor.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to make asparagus in the air fryer?
Simple is an understatement for this recipe. The beauty of the air fryer is that it does all the hard work for you! Ready to cook some asparagus?
Step 1- Prepare the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 190C or 375F. Spray some oil to slightly grease the air fryer basket.
Step 2- Season the asparagus
Add asparagus to a bowl and season with spices and oil.
Step 3- air fry the asparagus.
Place the seasoned asparagus in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry the vegetable for 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Ideal asparagus cooking time
Not all asparagus is created equal. While we recommend choosing thicker stalks, if you can only find thin ones, you need to adjust the air frying time to compensate.
- Thin stalks– 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Medium stalks– 5-6 minutes.
- Thick stalks– 6-7 minutes.
What to serve with asparagus?
Serve asparagus as a veggie side dish to your favorite mains. Here are some air fryer favorites to get you started:
To store: Place the asparagus in a shallow container and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze: Freezing cooked asparagus is not recommended, as it becomes mushy once thawed.
Reheating: Use an air fryer, microwave, or hot skillet to reheat them.
More air fried vegetables you’ll enjoy
Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Eggplant
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Green Beans
Frequently Asked Questions
Asparagus can have sand and dirt, especially its buds. Soaking in water for a few minutes before cooking removes the trapped sand and dirt.
Blanching asparagus means cooking asparagus in boiling water and then putting it in ice cold water to keep its color and flavor.
Air fryer maintains the color and nutrients through the convectional cooking process, omitting the need for blanching.
It’s better not to skip oil if you don’t want to dry out your asparagus.
Snap off the bottom from one asparagus stalk from the woody end and use that as a baseline for other asparagus. Repeat the process until all the asparagus has been trimmed.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Asparagus recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/375F. Lightly grease an air fryer basket.
- Toss the asparagus in a bowl with the oil and spices.
- Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the asparagus from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Thank you, just bought an instant pot air fryer dup. Looking forwrd to trying it out.